Quinn is Pineconing :(

Quinn has dropsy :thud I can't handle it :cry:help:

55gallon 3small to medium fish.

Tank params are(last WC was 3/23):

Ph 8

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 5-7

I feed a mixture of omega one gf, NLS goldfish pellets, NLS Thera A, saki hikari (purple bag) all mixed together in jar and fed daily. Once or twice a week will get FBS or FBW.

I do 80% wc weekly.

Meds available: melafix, parasite guard, maracyn, furan-2, metronidazole, kanaplex, life guard, pure oxolinic acid powder, API triple sulfa, and metro meds opened 2013

I will weigh Quinn and take pics and post in a minute.

Poor Quinn. :( Gosh it seems like everyone's fish getting sick now.

Weight is 77 grams

a513d8bf1f44623575fd5e45c060d73e.jpg

725f5c2b16b87556c9e5e04f4dea060f.jpg

7709877af59f6c1629ccf19f9f313817.jpg

Aw no!! I hope Quin recovers for you

Hope Quinn feels better soon.

Are those brownish splotches his coloration or lesions?

Are those brownish splotches his coloration or lesions?

That's his colors

Give me some more history please - behavior over the last few weeks? Eating or no? Clamping or hiding? How are his tank mates? Anything that may have precipitated this like stress or a new plant or animal introduced?

His tail is always streaky. Behavior is normal.... maybe eating slightly less vigorously. He is a bit of a air muncher. So he does unintentional somersaults sometimes but that's not new. Nothing new added to the tank since Jersey the oranda around November. No clamping. No hiding. Tank mates are fine.

Edited by Flipper

I'd toss the metromeds, truth be told.

Let's do a round of metronidazole in a hospital tank, along with 1 teaspoon per ten gallons Epsom salt and light feeding. Keep the water quality impeccable and the lights off as much as you can, we want low, low stress.

Best of luck Aubz :bighug

Let's do a round of metronidazole in a hospital tank, along with 1 teaspoon per ten gallons Epsom salt and light feeding. Keep the water quality impeccable and the lights off as much as you can, we want low, low stress.

Ok. Thanks. I'll put him in a ten gallon.

What temp? Should I feed lightly with the pellet mix I mentioned above or frozen foods?

I agree.  They're too old now :(

Ok. Thanks. :(

I can send you some MMs if that would help - let me go see if I can find a note when I opened my bag. brb

I can send you some MMs if that would help - let me go see if I can find a note when I opened my bag. brb

Ohh! That's soooo very kind of you to help my Quinny :bighug I really appreciate it!

Could Quinn benefit from metromeds?

opened March 2015 - let me know if you want me to send some, no point in letting them expire!

opened March 2015 - let me know if you want me to send some, no point in letting them expire!

Thanks a million Kathleen. I'll take you up on it if the mods say it's a good idea :D

My concern about metro meds is how old they are.  They haven't been manufactured for quite some time now and while the drugs may still have most of their potency, the food itself had a fairly short shelf life.  Kathleen's might still be okay.  See what the mods think :idont

Edited by Jared

The bag being offered would be fine if it has been stored properly - cool and dry. I wouldn't use it past this but I've personally used metromeds up to a year opened and had no real issues regarding efficacy. That's kind of my personal upper limit though, even under ideal storage conditions. The oils in the fish meal degrade the antibiotics faster than if they were powdered and not mixed.

Edited by Arctic Mama

Sending positive thoughts your way Aubrey  :bighug

Healing vibes!!

The bag being offered would be fine if it has been stored properly - cool and dry. I wouldn't use it past this but I've personally used metromeds up to a year opened and had no real issues regarding efficacy. That's kind of my personal upper limit though, even under ideal storage conditions. The oils in the fish meal degrade the antibiotics faster than if they were powdered and not mixed.

Ok. How much should I feed him if he weighs 77 gm?

Also I put him in the 10 gal with antibiotic and Epsom salt at 10 pm last night. Should I do daily wc and replace both meds?

I'll be out this afternoon if you want to send me a pm with your info. :D  Good to know they are about done though.  FWIW, Franklin is on his last day of another 2 week round, and they were still effective! :)