Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Candybugs

Oranda wen trim

a458aebf6d5c8d3557a8837d46f572f7.jpgbe5965fe26fc3ec10681e292a03e1da7.jpg94f2cb9e453c4860a2a5b00eb6c806d6.jpgefcadad830736c819f51ddb6134e94ee.jpgdedaa79d62ac4428caac64ea9a56ff9d.jpgef66eb4d5523a86d1001d44ec3e4e2c5.jpg3a02aba4356a1d6c2af4f2690626e9e1.jpg My oranda got her wen trimmed at the vet yesterday and I hope sharing her story may help other oranda owners. My Ladyfish s eyes were getting covered up and it was happening fast. She was swimming in the corner rubbing her face all weekend it was really sad. I found a vet that had never done it before but felt confident that he could. He did great. After a sleepless night before trying to decide how much of it to take off I decided to take the cautious route and just clear around her eyes and see how we all did with it. It was all of our first time . She showed no signs of discomfort after at all. She is back to herself no more corner swimming. I keep catching my family looking at her with big smiles. It was 120 for the visit and procedure. We'll worth it. It was the first time a fish has been treated at the vet office too. Everyone was happy to have the first one be thee most beautiful fish in the world. Happy zoo happy me.

Wow... Those prices are awesome! The only fish vet here wanted $150+ for an examination ONLY for my Slate Boo Boo head. I can't afford that and THEN hundreds and hundreds more for tests, and then even MORE hundreds for procedures (into the thousands).

Congratulations.  She looks wonderful.

Off topic, but that fish ornament in the last picture looks to me like an injury waiting to happen.  Fancy goldfish have a talent for hurting themselves on some very innocuous-looking objects.

She doesn't look like she will actually fit, but its true that if she tries... She may scrape something.

Looks like he did a great job!

:thumbs:

Though that one shot with those tweezers is kind a scary :scared: