Kokos Goldfish Forum
goldfishfanforever

Just Curious About Tioku...

I'm always getting confused whether Tikou has popeye or if it is new growth so I would just like some confirmation on what it is :) Also sorry for the bad pics he wouldn't stay still :(

P1090359_zpshdrhsjut.jpg

P1090361_zpsptw2h5zc.jpg

P1090353_zpsv3ykrdhf.jpg

P1090355_zps0gpjycqx.jpg

P1090360_zpsiz1xwr7h.jpg

P1090342_zpscif5rn62.jpg

P1090348_zpsvsyyrimz.jpg

P1090347_zpsjwz1ziep.jpg

P1090350_zpspkdrremg.jpg

P1090351_zpswlgidnpg.jpg

P1090344_zpsgmjocb0d.jpg

What you have there is a Telescope goldfish. The eyes buldge out naturally. Go to Google and search telescope goldfish. Then click images. You will see lots of them.

What you have there is a Telescope goldfish. The eyes buldge out naturally. Go to Google and search telescope goldfish. Then click images. You will see lots of them.

I did forget to state that I know he is a telescope but the right eye id just concerning me :)

Hard to tell from the pics. Try and get a pic from above..

Hard to tell from the pics. Try and get a pic from above..

Okay I will try tomorrow then as it is super late here :(

If he is a super active guy, it can be hard to take pictures.  Something that I've done before is to gently hold them against the glass to snap a picture.  I hold my hand flat, slightly cupping it, and VERY gently position the fish along side the glass.  You won't want to squish him against the glass tightly, just enough so that he is still.  If he struggles too much, let him go and try again in a minute.  It makes taking pictures MUCH easier, and you can focus your camera easier on the fish close up bc the fish is still.

If you want top view pics, putting them in a small white bowl (like cereal bowl size) can be a good way to get them.  At first he'll swim around like crazy but after about 5 minutes mine usually calm down and are still, as long as the bowl is small enough.

Good luck, and I hope he's okay!

If he is a super active guy, it can be hard to take pictures.  Something that I've done before is to gently hold them against the glass to snap a picture.  I hold my hand flat, slightly cupping it, and VERY gently position the fish along side the glass.  You won't want to squish him against the glass tightly, just enough so that he is still.  If he struggles too much, let him go and try again in a minute.  It makes taking pictures MUCH easier, and you can focus your camera easier on the fish close up bc the fish is still.

If you want top view pics, putting them in a small white bowl (like cereal bowl size) can be a good way to get them.  At first he'll swim around like crazy but after about 5 minutes mine usually calm down and are still, as long as the bowl is small enough.

Good luck, and I hope he's okay!

Thanks for the tips and I'm sure I will try them :)

So I have some new pictures but I'm knackered from using 1 bucket to do water changes on my tanks instead of my usual 2 but I will upload them tomorrow :)

these pictures aren't much better but for now it was the best I could get and I forgot to upload them a few days ago 

P1090385_zpsade2dkeh.jpg

P1090386_zpslkuzmn4h.jpg

P1090381_zpsugrev2ka.jpg

P1090383_zpsezycfzwx.jpg

P1090384_zps6c7jedm1.jpg

P1090382_zps1g8unodo.jpg

P1090387_zpsb5eutyuk.jpg

P1090397_zpsbmk2etse.jpg

P1090391_zpst6mjjiqf.jpg

P1090390_zpsettpghub.jpg

P1090399_zpsypjtkg7f.jpgP1090401_zpsfpedtlto.jpgP1090388_zpsjalvo6dx.jpgP1090396_zpsdh9j8zyp.jpgP1090389_zpsqkjf064x.jpgP1090399_zpsfqmzxis6.jpgP1090397_zpsziqaeesa.jpg

To me, the white around the base of the eye does kinda look like Popeye... But idk about telescope eye fish, so I'm not at all sure. Maybe a mod can weigh in. In other news, is one eye larger than the other?

To me, the white around the base of the eye does kinda look like Popeye... But idk about telescope eye fish, so I'm not at all sure. Maybe a mod can weigh in. In other news, is one eye larger than the other?

Yeah one eye is bigger than the other but that's why I am confused as they can grow oddly :/