Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DieselPlower

Need help. All fish upside down.

Poor thing :( His scales look weird, too. Is he pineconed? They say black is ammonia burns healing. Odd since there was no ammonia? At least he's turned the right way now. Wishing him a quick recovery. I had been meaning to ask how they have been doing.

Edited by mjfromga

During healing, tissue goes from red to black.  That does not depend on the cause of the initial injury.

Good to know, thanks.

Poor thing :( His scales look weird, too. Is he pineconed? They say black is ammonia burns healing. Odd since there was no ammonia? At least he's turned the right way now. Wishing him a quick recovery. I had been meaning to ask how they have been doing.

He is missing some scales and some are more silver than orange. No pineconing. This fish is a complete goon who can't see very well and smashed into everything and gets stuck inside anything possile. I have taken steps to make sure he can no longer get stuck in things

Ah, missing scales. Explains it. He's healing so that's good. Sorry about the other fishies. Maybe they just need some more time.

There is another piece of tail on the bottom. It looks like it's from Mango the Oranda. Also the portion of tail with the black around the outer edge looks like it is going to fall off. It's just hanging limp.

Do you have antibiotics?

I have some metromeds from a couple years ago. Not sure if that counts but it is probably expired

Feed it. 

Have we done salt dips?

Feed it. 

Have we done salt dips?

Beefcake 1 sald dip 2 weeks ago.

What concentration?

I don't recall. Maybe 3%

By the way he was not handling it well. Tipping over right away. I kept adding g water to dilute and made him ride it out.

At this point, it appears they have a bacterial infection.  The metromeds should help, but I'd like to also tackle the fin problem with salt dips.  Start with 1% salt.  Dip each of the fish, and record which ones lasted 5 minutes.  Report this information.

The next day, give any fish that lasted 5 minutes in 1% salt a dip in 2% salt.  Repeat the 1% dip for the others.

The next day, dip again, "promoting" any fish that lasted 5 minutes to the next higher concentration.

Im having trouble with this. Some of the fish are upside down in their aquarium and go updide down in the salt dip almost right away. Some seem to do ok. The white tamasaba looks to be in the beginning stages of pineconing

Well, pinecone fish is gone. Down to 3.

I don't have time to go in depth right now DP, but can to give us updated parameters and behavior/symptoms for the tank where they have been residing?

Poor things. I'm sorry they aren't better and you lost one. :(

I'm sorry you're having such trouble DP. I hope you can get to the bottom of it soon

3 remaining fish in a 125 salted to .3%. 2 Fluval 405 filters. Temp 78.3. Weekly water changes keeps nitrate at 10 or below. Feeding metro meds. Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 5, pH 8.o.

Yesterday they got a 2% salt bath for 3 minutes. Fish ok when I left couple hours after. Got home few hours later, dead.

3 remaining fish in a 125 salted to .3%. 2 Fluval 405 filters. Temp 78.3. Weekly water changes keeps nitrate at 10 or below. Feeding metro meds. Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 5, pH 8.o.

Yesterday they got a 2% salt bath for 3 minutes. Fish ok when I left couple hours after. Got home few hours later, dead.

That canister hun. When was it cleaned ?

You have Silver?

That canister hun. When was it cleaned ?

You have Silver?

Both cleaned about 1 month ago.

No silver.

I would like you to try and find some hun.... Im worried there is something in the water.

When you can video please :)

There's tons of it on Amazon. How much do I need?

There's tons of it on Amazon. How much do I need?

lol yes there is :teehee

I would just get a min of 50pp or I like is the 500ppm dont need as many drops in there :)

This is the one I keep on hand all the time for myself and the fish :)

http://www.amazon.com/Amino-Acid-Botanical-Supply-Colloidal/dp/B0011DN7YQ?ie=UTF8&refRID=Q95HT4DXFYNBV11DCEGS&ref_=pd_bia_nav_t_2