Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kayla102968

New fish store with large ranchus

I am a single tail goldfish person myself since I have a pond...but I checked out a new fish store to pick up some plants and he had some really large ranchus.  I only ever see fancy goldfish in the chain pet stores so I've never seen any this size.  My boys thought the 3rd one from the left with the white face was so cute.  They said it's face looked like a real baby :).   Here are some pics:

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i322/Kayla102968/Goldfishranchu_zpsflgwmm4y.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i322/Kayla102968/Goldfishranchu2_zps6qsmcqjg.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i322/Kayla102968/goldfishranchu3_zpsv7uefdnw.jpg

Oops...my boys liked the 4th fish from the left in the 1st picture. The one with the white face.

Wow they are gorgeous I love the one with the white face and black stripes

So cuuuuute!

OH my..

I would take that one that is white and Red. Oh and that Moor :yikes

DUDE!! I want I want lol

OH my..

I would take that one that is white and Red. Oh and that Moor :yikes

DUDE!! I want I want lol

I loved the white and red one as well.  The white was just so white and the red was so dark...it really had great intensity of color.  I don't think I've ever seen a black moor that big...they were in a big tank.

Cute. I see several prices? Were they priced according to size or something?

Cute. I see several prices? Were they priced according to size or something?

It looks like they were priced by size.  They all looked pretty big though...but I could definitely see some were bigger.  They seem expensive...but again I don't buy large fancy goldfish so I rarely notice the prices.  M stands for medium and L stands for large I guess...any idea what SH stands for?  At $99.99 it better stand for super huge :).

Edited by Kayla102968

Lol! Yeah $100 is pretty pricey for fish store fish. I don't keep up with the prices of Ranchu, but they're super popular so probably pretty pricey.

Lol! Yeah $100 is pretty pricey for fish store fish. I don't keep up with the prices of Ranchu, but they're super popular so probably pretty pricey.

The highest I have paid at a LFS was $40 :o

Right? I was like wow... I can see $100 for maybe a pet quality fish from a breeder but $100 at a fish shop? YIKES!

Some of the privately owned local fish stores around here are bringing high quality Chinese imports. They had 2.5-3 inch butterfly for $30... For imports if they are high quality $100 isn't bad for that size ranchu

The huge Ryukin fish I saw the Japanese lady I got my two from were like $100 but like fish store fish? $100? Idk! She had a bunch of Ranchu and Oranda, and a FEW Ryukin and fantail. I really only even bought from her because I liked the LOOK and apparent health of the fish. I don't think they're "quality" as far as show standards go. Abanayabar was $20 (he's dinky) and Nericon (about 4-5" plus tail) a bit more but $100? I don't think so! But I'm not sure of fantail prices. I just wanted pretty fish with long fins.

The huge Ryukin fish I saw the Japanese lady I got my two from were like $100 but like fish store fish? $100? Idk! She had a bunch of Ranchu and Oranda, and a FEW Ryukin and fantail. I really only even bought from her because I liked the LOOK and apparent health of the fish. I don't think they're "quality" as far as show standards go. Abanayabar was $20 (he's dinky) and Nericon (about 4-5" plus tail) a bit more but $100? I don't think so! But I'm not sure of fantail prices. I just wanted pretty fish with long fins.

those pictured in this feed don't look like typical local farm raised pet store fish... They look like nice Asian imports.... I haven't paid $100 for one yet but it is common for imports of that size and quality.... I looked into importing some fish for myself and its $1000 min order from most Chinese exporters plus a very Hefty shipping charge too. So all of that work and money is built into then price of imported fish.

The photos aren't close enough for me to tell the difference. I mean they're big, but most fish grown in big ponds seem to get big. As for $1000 for a fish... Lol. People with that much extra money to toss around are welcome to it. I doubt I ever pay even $100 for a fish.

The photos aren't close enough for me to tell the difference. I mean they're big, but most fish grown in big ponds seem to get big. As for $1000 for a fish... Lol. People with that much extra money to toss around are welcome to it. I doubt I ever pay even $100 for a fish.

Not a $1000 per fish just $1000 min order I'm not sure how much individual fish are cause when the exporter told me a $1000 min order I was like I'm gonna have to get that idea out of my head.... Way out of my budget. Lol. Never even asked him individual prices.

Ohhhh that makes sense. Lol $1000 for SOME fish is insane, as well.

Cool fish! What is the name of the store and where is it? Aquarium coop in Edmonds is now stocking goldfish. They have pretty good prices.

Lisa - It's actually in Federal Way, WA.  It is called Aquarium and Garden Inc.  He sells koi (some quite large) as well as goldfish and other fish.  I went there for aquarium plants and his plants are so healthy and robust looking and really reasonably priced.  I have heard of the Aquarium Co-op in Edmonds.  I see them advertise on craigslist, but have never been there.