Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
FishPhin

I missed this place and Phineus grew up

Hi everyone! I've really missed it here! Lots of changes. I got a new job and all of that fun stuff. 

I don't know if anyone remembers me and Phineus. He is getting so big! His wen is growing nicely. No mistaking him for a fantail anymore! He is still the sweetest little fish I know. 

AND....Phineus got a BROTHER!! (or possibly a sister, but I'm about 85% sure he got brother) His name is Puddle and he is also an oranda. He is as spunky and spirited as Phineus is sweet. 

Its so funny to me to see their different personalities. Phineus is content as long as he has food and you don't mess with his stuff. I swear he has OCD (like me) and gets all bent out of shop and will sit in a corner for two days if I dare rearrange the tank. 

Puddle is the exact opposite. He is the messy, all over the place, hyper annoying little brother. "HeyPhineusdoyouwannaplay?Iwannaplay!Letsplay!HeychasemeandthenIwillchaseyou! Phineus? Phineus?! PHINEUS?!!!" And Phin just sighs and swims away. 

I'm trying to post pics but Photobucket is being weird and won't let me edit/resize for some reason. It will go to the page so I can resize, but then it won't load the pic. Apparently it does not understand the importance of showing off one's goldies. 

Hi! Welcome back! I hope PB works soon...I want to see pics!!!

Phineus is a great name! :thumb:  I have a fish with that name as well, except I spell it Phineas and he's a sunfish. I would definitely like to see pics of your guys if you are able to get them loaded. Do you have paint on your computer or something like that? That is where I re-size my pics and then I put them on PB.

I **THINK** I got it. If it is still huge I apologize. 

Here is Puddle:

image_zpsdtkb3fpp.jpeg

And here is Phineus (aka Mr. GrumpyFins)

C186C8E4-92F9-44BB-929A-565B60C262D6_zps

Aw they both look great!

Thank you! And I promise the tank isn't dirty. I just noticed you could see the food. It was a pellet kind of day around here today. 

Hiya neighbor! I'm in GA, too! Cute little fishies you've got there. I think tonight is pellet night for me too. I currently have 4 fish in 4 different tanks in random places around the house.

Oh how cool! It is so nice to meet another goldie lover here in Georgia! 

Awe cute! Welcome back!

Welcome back! They're both adorable, and I remember your little guy. :D

Thank you! I love them both so much. I swore Phineus was always going to be an only fish but I went in to buy a plant and well, y'all know how that goes. I haven't had Puddle long. I got him three months ago. He's only been out of  QT a week but he and Phin seem to get along fine. He begs for attention and Phin just pretty much ignores him. Puddle is smart too. He watched while I was doing some work in the tank and Phineus came and laid in my hand like he always does and when Phin swam out, Puddle came right over and did the same thing. He didn't do that in QT. He has never been timid or shy, but he never just swam right up to my hand either. I could not have picked two fish with more opposite personalities, but I am just love both of them to bits!