Kokos Goldfish Forum

By 8:30 this morning I had my basic daily house stuff done & I went to inspect my fish tank. I remembered that yesterday I would every now & then catch a slight whiff of "something" a little funky. I decided Spring Cleaning was coming to my tank. I put the filter stuff in a bucket & went to work.

I took the filters down & cleaned them out....there was a good bit of "GUNK" !! I run 2 AC110s & I don't remember the last time I did that...but they were past due.

I cleaned the "gravel" (actually stones & rocks of assorted sizes) & siphoned real good in all the corners. I took out the plants (each are attached to a rock or driftwood) & placed them on a towel on the kitchen table. I trimmed, removed "ugly" leaves & felt like a Barber when I took out my 2 BIG Anubias & trimmed their roots....they were a mess! 

As I replaced the water I rearranged stuff.  It really looks good!! I worked on it for TWO HOURS!!!! Afterwards I took a shower & put on my comfy clothes & am enjoying my tank! The goldies are ALL over the tank inspecting every single inch!!  :teehee

I have taken some nice pics but I always get my hubby to put them in my photobucket! (I am all but computer illiterate!) So later this evening :doh11:

Edited by Jeana727

Looking forward to the pictures!!!!!

.... Yeaaaah, I've cleaned neither my house nor tank. Didn't even occur to me.

Time to get hopping!

looking forward to it! I love tank overhauls :D

Also, wanna come here? There is plenty to clean! :I-Thank-You:

Well - let me get to doing the same! Good job BTW.

I'm really liking it! Of course I wasn't happy about the "funky" smell...glad THAT is gone. I am REALLY happy with my Anubias....I hadn't realized how "weedy" looking the roots had gotten!! I also soaked my fake plants in water & bleach...they were almost black looking...now they are a pretty pale green! 

Probably will make certain to occasionally take my live plants out for a good trimming....They look much better!!!

Edited by Jeana727

I hadn't cleaned out Rhonda's sponges since her tank was new and boy was that some yucky brown water. Back to regular sponge cleaning! Slate's tank had a "fishy" smell to it as well when she had the tumor as pieces were coming off in the tank and she was bleeding into it also. Smell is gone now!

Great job! Can't wait for pics! Are you coming to do my tank and house too?!