Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sumcrj

Eastcoastra ranchu pet shop grade ranchu's

Haha, yeah, most of her fish are sold via her website (facebook, and an actual internet domain website). She posts pictures/video's, and you can purchase as many fish as you want (1-infinity!). People are willing to pay shipping on just 1 fish.

But the question in this post is about the "pet grade" fish that she sells. Most of her fish are higher quality and sold online individually. Her pet grade fish are still healthy, but have some small imperfections. Since her life is already busy, she does not take pictures or video's of the pet grade fish before selling them.

I think the pet grade fish for sale is a good idea. This gives people the opportunity to buy healthy and quality fish from ECR for a discounted price, and buying 3+ will help you save on shipping. The only downside for the buyer is that you're buying blind.

But as Koko said, everyone says that Cynthia is so easy to work with, and maybe she would take pictures of the pet grade fish before you buy them? I don't know how firm she is on the policy.

I'm just interested in this thread because I would like to see pics of the "pet grade" ranchu's that people have purchased from ECR. I'm curious to see how insignificant or significant the flaws in the fish are.

She is very firm on the policy! I have been talking to her about a purchase and she will not send pictures until payment is complete! I told her I wanted at least 1 limon head and she would not conferm if she would be able to do this or not! One reason I'm asking is because there are different prices on the "pet grade" as well

$20 for a 3 inch Pet Grade ranchu

$30 for a 4 inch Pet Grade ranchu

$40 for a 4 inch plus (upto 5 inch or more)

And here are her shipping prices

Medium Box (fits 1 goldfish, size 3 to 4+ inches)

FedEx Overnight ~ $68.72

FedEx 2Days AM ~ $57.13

Large Box (fits 2 goldfish , size 3 to 4+ inches)

FedEx Overnight ~ $95.16

FedEx 2Days AM ~ $71.99

Extra Large Box (fits 3 to 5 goldfish, size 3 to 4+ inches)

FedEx Overnight ~ $129.87

FedEx 2Days AM ~ $99.55

This is coming straight from a email sent from her to me! And some of her high quality ranchu are 30$ + so I'm just courous and for these shipping prices I want to get exactly what I want! In the end after shipping they will still be 60$ ranchus and I would like to see some! I wish she had a page on her websight that had some of the "pet shop grade" ranchu examples some that have been sold already! so she does not have to continuously take there pics after they sell, but just so we can get an idea of there quality!

Good to know.  I asked her recently for shipping quotes, but had not yet asked her about the pet grade guys.  I won't bother her about it.  I would rather pay more money than to not even know the color of the fish I'm purchasing.  Especially since these fish live for years and we all have a limited space in our tanks!  But, as I said before, it's still nice that if people don't have lots of extra money that they can get ECR fish at a discounted price!

Yes, of course her pricey fish will come with photos or videos or nobody would buy them. I just don't actually understand WHY she has such a policy. I refuse to accept that its too difficult to snap a quick photo when someone asks. With that being said, the reasons I see behind such a policy lean towards some very questionable business ethics. Maybe an explanation of why such a policy exists would be in order. I won't make any accusations as I just don't know. Its just extremely strange to me. Also, if the OP asks for a certain color, surely she could give a straight answer? I just don't know...

I did see these videos but they are 2 years old! I feel like her stock has changed a lot sense she filmed these vids!? If I do decide to get some of the pet shop grade ranchu from her I will make sure to make a I boxing video for you guys! It won't be that great just filmed with my phone! But I'm sure there are lots of people that would like to see the quality of the pet shop grade ranchus she sells!

I still feel like she could put up some pictures of some that she has just to show us!

Edited by Sumcrj

Yes, of course her pricey fish will come with photos or videos or nobody would buy them. I just don't actually understand WHY she has such a policy. I refuse to accept that its too difficult to snap a quick photo when someone asks. With that being said, the reasons I see behind such a policy lean towards some very questionable business ethics. Maybe an explanation of why such a policy exists would be in order. I won't make any accusations as I just don't know. Its just extremely strange to me. Also, if the OP asks for a certain color, surely she could give a straight answer? I just don't know...

I have a feeling she does the policy so people won't be reluctant to buy the fish as some people may not like the flaw the fish has or idk :)

That is what it sounds like to me, too. And again, that is at best questionable business ethics, and at worst downright deceptive. OP - the policy makes no legitimate sense and you're right, it isn't that hard to put up photos of the fish. I honestly wouldn't buy from her now. If I did, I'd demand an explanation as to why something so simple is impossible for her. I'll bet that you won't get a straight answer, you won't get any photos, and if you purchase the fish, you won't get the fish you wanted but rather the fish SHE wanted you to have. Not so appealing.

And FORBID she shows photos to some people when they ask but not other people. That's an entirely different story altogether and something I don't want to think about too long.

Edited by mjfromga

I do know that she has a full time job and then has to take care of all the fish and fry and still find time to photograph and video all of the fish she lists on her site. And, when you add in water changes and getting orders out, along with culling and sorting, I can imagine why she may not want to spend time on the fish that she doesn't make that much profit from.

I'm sure she has a tub that she scoops 3 fish from and ships them. I imagine she gets countless requests from people that ask 500 question about pet grade, and has to explain the imperfections and then they end up not purchasing. I can see her side for sure. I am sure I am leaving out some of the things she does for them also.

I say this has been beaten to death... I think if you have any more questions you guys should ask her and not assume what is going on. Makes for bad vibes and stuff... :)

Yeah I'm done. I've voiced my opinion and don't know anything else and have no interest in purchasing from her anyway. Good luck if you purchase a fish OP, I'm sure it will be healthy regardless of what it looks like.

Edited by mjfromga

Cynthia is awesome! I've bought fish from her and found her to be very helpful! :D

Good luck! I hope it works out :nana

I'm just going to say if I were able to order Cynthia's fish I would order them as they are healthy and the ones I know that people own have very few problems :)

One other option is to buy fish from the site Goldfish Keepers.  What they do there is buy fish from breeders like ECR and then breed them and sell them as their own.  Maybe they will send pictures.  The fish are usually cheaper from there too.