Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sumcrj

Eastcoastra ranchu pet shop grade ranchu's

Hi everyone! Hope everyone has had a great week so far! So for my question is has anyone ever gotten the pet shop grade ranchus from east coast ranchu? If so what are they like? I'm sure they are beautiful I'm just curious to others experiences in this situation?! Thanks all!

yes, not myself since i am in AU. however many members here have done so. fish a usually quite good, but please follow the vendor's QT process carefully and throughout the entire period of guarantee. if the fish falls ill during the guarantee period, you are to contact the vendor direct. this is not only with ECR, but with all vendors that offer a guarantee.

happy shopping :)

I'm not in the US, but if I could buy from Cynthia, I absolutely would, she's very passionate and she puts her all into producing really nice fish :)

East Coast Ranchu is reknown for its good quality fish and care taken to ensure health and longevity. I've never gotten a fish from her because I'm new to the hobby and I only keep Ryukins, but there have been lots of success stories with her fish. If you want a Ranchu, that's the place to go. :)

I'd like to follow this topic too bc I was considering ordering her pet grade ranchu's as well.  I haven't seen pictures of them though. I'm sure the health is top notch, just curious about how they look.

If anyone here has pictures of their pet grade ranchu's from ECR, please post them :)

That's is what I was looking for as well! Some pictures of the pet grade ranchu I have talked to Cynthia lots of times because I love how much passion she puts in her ranchus! I'v just never seen any of the pet shop grade that she sells! I'm sure they are almost like the hobby grade she has a rule though where she only sends you pictures after you pay for them and I'm just curious! I'm sure they are beautiful! I was just hoping someone on here has experience and pics. with the pet shop grade ranchus!

Hello. Here are pictures of my ECR Ranchus and Orandas I had.

[/url]">http://DSC01705_zpsrklpehrf.jpg

[/url]">http://DSC02341_zps324a299f.jpg

[/url]">http://DSC05127_zps1d64601e.jpg

[/url]">http://rsz_1dsc04651_zpsc19fe833.jpg

[/url]">http://http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/1goldfishgirl1/media/DSC03048_zps0f917c8f.jpg.html'>

Edited by DawnMichele

Cynthia posts pictures of the fish available to buy on the East Coast Ranchu Facebook page :) you choose a fish and contact her to arrange payment I believe :)

[/url]">http://DSC01705_zpsrklpehrf.jpg

[/url]">http://DSC02341_zps324a299f.jpg

[/url]">http://DSC05127_zps1d64601e.jpg

[/url]">http://rsz_1dsc04651_zpsc19fe833.jpg

[/url]">http://

They are the cutest things Dawn :wub: 

Cynthia posts pictures of the fish available to buy on the East Coast Ranchu Facebook page :) you choose a fish and contact her to arrange payment I believe :)

She also sells some for not as much some which may have small deformations like a not so even tail or a crooked mouth you know some youmaybuy from the pet shop! You have to buy 3 or more at a time this is what I'm courous about! I love her hobby grade those are like her show fish but she has the pet shop grade as well!????

Edited by Sumcrj

They are so adorable!????????❗️

They are so adorable!????????❗️

I've heard great things about the fish from there, but those sound like questionable business practices. So unless you buy an expensive fish, to make up the money - you're required to buy at least 3 cheaper fish? What if you can't stock that many? Also, how do you purchase a fish BEFORE seeing it?

When I purchased my Goldfish from Cynthia we spoke on the phone,she sent me pictures and videos. ECR has FANTASTIC Goldfish and Cynthia is GREAT to work with!!!!!

Yeah, she has multiple grades of fish. The ones we're all familiar with are the ones she takes pictures/video's of, and we can preview the fish prior to buying.  But if you go to her site, you can see that she mentions that she sells "pet grade" fish as well.  As stated above, they just have little things about them that are not "perfect" although they are healthy.  She doesn't take pictures/video's of them.  You must purchase at least 3 (discounted price) and only after you purchase them will she send you a picture.  I would imagine that you could request color, but I haven't done this before so I'm not positive.

Dawn, are your beautiful ECR babies above ones that you purchased as "pet grade," or did you get to see pictures of them on her site prior to purchasing?

Yeah, she has multiple grades of fish. The ones we're all familiar with are the ones she takes pictures/video's of, and we can preview the fish prior to buying.  But if you go to her site, you can see that she mentions that she sells "pet grade" fish as well.  As stated above, they just have little things about them that are not "perfect" although they are healthy.  She doesn't take pictures/video's of them.  You must purchase at least 3 (discounted price) and only after you purchase them will she send you a picture.  I would imagine that you could request color, but I haven't done this before so I'm not positive.

Dawn, are your beautiful ECR babies above ones that you purchased as "pet grade," or did you get to see pictures of them on her site prior to purchasing?

Hello. I purchased them a couple of years ago. I don't have them anymore. I got to see pictures before I purchased them. 

I've heard great things about the fish from there, but those sound like questionable business practices. So unless you buy an expensive fish, to make up the money - you're required to buy at least 3 cheaper fish? What if you can't stock that many? Also, how do you purchase a fish BEFORE seeing it?

Its cause of shipping costs hun... Its not cheep to pack then up and ship, so the smaller ones you get three.. Im sure if you wanted one and paid for the normal shipping she will... Just need to talk to her :)

I realize the shipping costs are high, but that's what I wanted to know. If one was willing to pay shipping costs for one fish, I'd think it would be easy to just allow that.

I realize the shipping costs are high, but that's what I wanted to know. If one was willing to pay shipping costs for one fish, I'd think it would be easy to just allow that.

But of course my dear, thats why you talk to her and see what she can do :wa:hug

Haha, yeah, most of her fish are sold via her website (facebook, and an actual internet domain website).  She posts pictures/video's, and you can purchase as many fish as you want (1-infinity!).  People are willing to pay shipping on just 1 fish.

But the question in this post is about the "pet grade" fish that she sells.  Most of her fish are higher quality and sold online individually.  Her pet grade fish are still healthy, but have some small imperfections.  Since her life is already busy, she does not take pictures or video's of the pet grade fish before selling them.  

I think the pet grade fish for sale is a good idea.  This gives people the opportunity to buy healthy and quality fish from ECR for a discounted price, and buying 3+ will help you save on shipping.  The only downside for the buyer is that you're buying blind.

But as Koko said, everyone says that Cynthia is so easy to work with, and maybe she would take pictures of the pet grade fish before you buy them? I don't know how firm she is on the policy.

I'm just interested in this thread because I would like to see pics of the "pet grade" ranchu's that people have purchased from ECR.  I'm curious to see how insignificant or significant the flaws in the fish are.  

Haha, yeah, most of her fish are sold via her website (facebook, and an actual internet domain website). She posts pictures/video's, and you can purchase as many fish as you want (1-infinity!). People are willing to pay shipping on just 1 fish.

But the question in this post is about the "pet grade" fish that she sells. Most of her fish are higher quality and sold online individually. Her pet grade fish are still healthy, but have some small imperfections. Since her life is already busy, she does not take pictures or video's of the pet grade fish before selling them.

I think the pet grade fish for sale is a good idea. This gives people the opportunity to buy healthy and quality fish from ECR for a discounted price, and buying 3+ will help you save on shipping. The only downside for the buyer is that you're buying blind.

But as Koko said, everyone says that Cynthia is so easy to work with, and maybe she would take pictures of the pet grade fish before you buy them? I don't know how firm she is on the policy.

I'm just interested in this thread because I would like to see pics of the "pet grade" ranchu's that people have purchased from ECR. I'm curious to see how insignificant or significant the flaws in the fish are.

She is very firm on the policy! I have been talking to her about a purchase and she will not send pictures until payment is complete! I told her I wanted at least 1 limon head and she would not conferm if she would be able to do this or not! One reason I'm asking is because there are different prices on the "pet grade" as well

$20 for a 3 inch Pet Grade ranchu

$30 for a 4 inch Pet Grade ranchu

$40 for a 4 inch plus (upto 5 inch or more)

And here are her shipping prices

Medium Box (fits 1 goldfish, size 3 to 4+ inches)

FedEx Overnight ~ $68.72

FedEx 2Days AM ~ $57.13

Large Box (fits 2 goldfish , size 3 to 4+ inches)

FedEx Overnight ~ $95.16

FedEx 2Days AM ~ $71.99

Extra Large Box (fits 3 to 5 goldfish, size 3 to 4+ inches)

FedEx Overnight ~ $129.87

FedEx 2Days AM ~ $99.55

This is coming straight from a email sent from her to me! And some of her high quality ranchu are 30$ + so I'm just courous and for these shipping prices I want to get exactly what I want! In the end after shipping they will still be 60$ ranchus and I would like to see some! I wish she had a page on her websight that had some of the "pet shop grade" ranchu examples some that have been sold already! so she does not have to continuously take there pics after they sell, but just so we can get an idea of there quality!

Can't see it. I went to You Tube to watch it.

Edited by DawnMichele

I don't like it, not at all. Refusing to send photos until a purchase is made rubs me absolutely the wrong way. It bothered me in the beginning, and even more so now. Yes, I realize that if I don't like it, I can just not purchase from her, which I won't be doing as she doesn't sell the breed I like anyway, but what's with that strange policy?

I don't understand what's so hard about sending some photos and letting a person select from them? I sell items on eBay and if someone wants additional photos, I just quickly take them and send them over, it's extremely easy and its good customer service. Also - I know about shipping prices due to selling on eBay, and those are high, but maybe she's also adding some handling charges.

I honestly wouldn't give her my business if she's going to give me a hard time like this. Might be an unpopular opinion, but that's just how I feel at this point. Again, I had heard great things about the fish, but I didn't know about the buying experience.

I don't like it, not at all. Refusing to send photos until a purchase is made rubs me absolutely the wrong way. It bothered me in the beginning, and even more so now. Yes, I realize that if I don't like it, I can just not purchase from her, which I won't be doing as she doesn't sell the breed I like anyway, but what's with that strange policy?

I don't understand what's so hard about sending some photos and letting a person select from them? I sell items on eBay and if someone wants additional photos, I just quickly take them and send them over, it's extremely easy and its good customer service. Also - I know about shipping prices due to selling on eBay, and those are high, but maybe she's also adding some handling charges.

I honestly wouldn't give her my business if she's going to give me a hard time like this. Might be an unpopular opinion, but that's just how I feel at this point. Again, I had heard great things about the fish, but I didn't know about the buying experience.

You are completely entitled to your opinion, and I also would have a hard time buying a fish without seeing it first.  But keep in mind, she sells her "grade A" fish with pictures/videos from facebook and her website.  Take a look -- it's East Coast Ranchu on facebook, and www.eastcoastranchu.com . I have not personally purchased from her, but I follow her and countless others on instragram who have purchased from her and she is dedicated to healthy and quality fish.  

I have no idea how many pet grade fish she sells though, since obviously these are not advertised.  I imagine the majority of the fish she sells are the grade A with pictures/videos.