Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mjfromga

Repashy Soilent Green...

Got this today - made a batch for Abanayabar. Just went to feed him, and he HATES it! He gladly eats the pellets but spits this out. Its very hard to get them tiny enough for him, but I did so and he just hates them. He eats pellets perfectly fine.

I chunked some at Slate and she happily gobbled it down and looked for more, and Rhonda likes it, too. How do I get little Abanayabar to eat it? It was only going to be for him, and he doesn't even like it. Epic fail.

Lol nevermind. Spoke too soon. After I left him, he began picking at the bits that he spit out, and he eventually ate it all. Think I shall share with Slate and Rhonda since they seem to actually love it :)

Check out my blog: a lot of us add garlic and other healthy additives to make it extra attractive.

Bloodworms, your regular fish food, baby food, you'd be surprised what can turn that powder into a goldfish banquet.

There is a bit of a learning curve on getting it to set it into fish 'jello jigglers.'

In natural conditions, goldfish respond to a strange food by waiting to see the response of one of the "leader" fish to the food.  If these trusted elders don't eat the food, neither do the youngsters.  This behavior protects the fish from eating toxic substances.  A youngster by himself tastes new food very cautiously, as you observed.

He did the same thing this morning. I'm trying to get him off the pellets. To make sure he wasn't spitting out food due to other issues, I dropped in 2 pellets in front of his face and he ate them easily and quickly. He's just funny about the new food.