mjfromga

Hello - noticed something!

6 posts in this topic

I was reading through guidelines posted on the original site, and I saw a few things. An article said to use river rocks from Home Depot for the tanks and to never use sand. We all know that isn't the best option. Also, the feeding section didn't mention gel foods. I'm not being petty, but I thought maybe perhaps some updates to some of these articles might be a good idea. I didn't read through all the articles, so those were just a few things I noticed. I understand if the changes just aren't that big of a deal or its not important enough to change, I just thought I'd point that out!

It probably is a good idea, thanks for letting us know. The recommendations change over time and with experience and the daily running of the site takes most of the time and energy the mods have. We so rarely check those areas it's easy to forget what was recommended there, so bringing it to our attention is helpful :)

Do you have direct links to the articles in question? That will make editing the sections a little faster if we don't have to hunt!

On 3/15/2016 at 2:54 PM, mjfromga said:

http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/tensteps.html

This is the only article I read. You can just have a browse and maybe change things as you see fit. :)

Okay I think I fixed this page :) 

Thank you MJ sorry I never seen this before :thumbs: 

Anymore please let me know I will clean them up :) 

• Like 1

On 04/12/2018 at 8:29 AM, koko said:

Okay I think I fixed this page :) 

Thank you MJ sorry I never seen this before :thumbs: 

Anymore please let me know I will clean them up :) 

Fish1. A 20 gallon tank for a Fancy goldfish and a 40 gallon for a Single tailed goldfish. Goldfish grow to be 6 to 8 inches in length and therefore they need a big tank for just one fish. Goldfish also produce more waste than any other fish. It is for these two reasons that goldfish need a big tank for just one fish.

Should we change this since we usually say on the forum that it isn't needed to have more space for a single tail than a fancy? I see it go around a lot online that single tails need more room than fancies and this forum is the only place that doesn't say single tails need that much more space. Maybe add in that longer tanks are better than deeper ones?

11 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Should we change this since we usually say on the forum that it isn't needed to have more space for a single tail than a fancy? I see it go around a lot online that single tails need more room than fancies and this forum is the only place that doesn't say single tails need that much more space. Maybe add in that longer tanks are better than deeper ones?

I was kinda wondering that my self. I will change it :) Thank you so much for taking your time to look at it and letting me know :thumbs: 

• Like 1