Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Yonjuro

New Goldfish foods

Hiya, 

I haven't been here for ages, :hi 

My prized 5yr old Ranchu passed 2 years ago and my 5yr old Oranda passed last year. But now getting back into the hobby. :rip:

I have been out of the food loop for a while.

I have 3 small ranchu currently and have some new foods ( I like a lot of variety LOL) 

I have the following

New Era Goldfish Pellets 1.5mm

NLS Algae Max Pettets 2mm - just bought today 

Fluval Goldfish pellets 3mm (probably a tad big) 

Frozen Premium Bloodworms 

Frozen Premium Brine Shrimp

I really haven't seen much by way of reviews on the Fluval pellets but the ingredients look very good. Has anyone here used it?

Also thoughts on the above foods. 

I have also noticed that NLS do two Gel foods which sound good - anyone used them? The Repashy can be bought from NZ as I discovered in a thread here, but if the NLS is as good then it will be easier to get it and I won't have to pay $20 odd for shipping. Having said that if it is better I will probably get some LOL

Probably will get some 2mm Thera A ... just because 

Might get some NLS Goldfish Pellets too LOL 

Anyway, good to be back and please let me know what is new and exciting in the world of Goldy food  :thumbup2:

I have used one of the gels from NLS, it is quite good. Doesn't smell as bad as Repashy! It is great as you can smear it on rocks or wood or whatever you want and then add it to the tank. Encourages foraging and if you have plecos or snails, it works wonders for them too :)

I have used one of the gels from NLS, it is quite good. Doesn't smell as bad as Repashy! It is great as you can smear it on rocks or wood or whatever you want and then add it to the tank. Encourages foraging and if you have plecos or snails, it works wonders for them too :)

Thanks for that - which of the get types did you use? 

I have an ingredient list on my blog if you want to compare ingredients.

I've highlighted some in common fish foods I'd rather avoid.