Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jenzaar

I saw an awesome fish yesterday!

Yesterday I went to my lfs in search of a tall, skinny, spindly (but not pointy!) piece of driftwood. 

Of course I went to the back wall, cuz, goldfish. :yeah:

I found some aaaamazing calico orandas, along with some great ryukin too, and the big long-bodied moor :heart who I wish would find a home already. 

And then I found my driftwood! Went back to the fish! Hemmed and hawed, said no, said yes, then realized how many times I've let the good ones go. So I said, YEAH! Buy the fish! And then I bought the driftwood and left. :rofl3

Long story short, I bought my daughter a taco (but actually I was buying myself some time, okay and a taco for me too :lol2), figured it out, and went back in and got my fish. :nana:panana :panana

I am IN LOVE!!! I flipped out when I got him into the qt tank because he is even more gorgeous than I had realized at the store. :rofl Basically a bigger, red-wenned version of Aubrey's Jersey. :heart I am a touch nervous as I haven't had such a compact fish, nor such a long-finned fish, or one with an actual wen. :o

I've been thinking this whole time that he may be bigger than all of my fish, except for Blimp. I figured he'd be a Plumbean+fins, but no, he's only 46g. :rofl I've only ever bought really small fish (Betty's the exception) so maybe that's why my perception was all wonky. I dunno! 

Please wish me good luck on his qt! He isn't the happiest guy to be in there, and sometimes I wonder if I'm imagining a little floatiness. :idont But I'm so happy I took the plunge! :D He's beefy and has cheeks. :wub:

Oh, and here's the driftwood!

20160313_161800_HDR_1.jpg

20160313_161815_HDR_edit_1457900540394.j

Very nice fishy. Yay another with long fins (my teensy Abanayabar drew me in with his long fins too). I wish him much luck during QT.

Oh, nice Driftwood too!

Edited by mjfromga

Thanks! I'm totally smitten.

And i never thought I'd find a piece of driftwood that fit what i wanted, but this is perfect!

Congratulations on your new GORGEOUS Goldfish Jen!!!!!!! I hope quarantine goes well!!!!!

He's gorgeous!  Great color, fins, cute face, proportions, everything.  Congrats  :clapping:

Nice find!!! :hi5

I need a new calico!! :teehee

Congratulations on your new GORGEOUS Goldfish Jen!!!!!!! I hope quarantine goes well!!!!!

Thanks sooo much! :D 

He's gorgeous!  Great color, fins, cute face, proportions, everything.  Congrats  :clapping:

Gah! That is a great thing to hear from you, seriously! :teehee I mean I'd love him anyway, but you know :rofl

Nice find!!! :hi5

I need a new calico!! :teehee

:teehee there were plenty more :whistle

Thanks Lisa! I'm super excited. Even my hubby really likes him. :teehee

Good girl! That is one gorgeous fish! [emoji106]2:

:teehee

Oh i was laughing when you told me that responsibility is overrated. [emoji38]

Beautiful oranda. I'm not an oranda fan and I would not mind having that fish lol.

Thanks Daniel :)

:Congrats: He's a beaut! :wub: ,Fingers crossed qt is uneventful!  :hug

He is beautiful!!! I would have gone back for him too :D And I love that piece of driftwood too

I like the driftwood because it is goldfish safe and pretty!

I'm not the biggest calico fan, but that fish has great proportions and a lovely tail!

:Congrats: He's a beaut! :wub: ,Fingers crossed qt is uneventful! :hug

Thanks Tiki! He seems happy today. Gonna get his salt going in a bit and take it from there. :)

He is beautiful!!! I would have gone back for him too :D And I love that piece of driftwood too

Thanks and thanks! So many times i should have gone back but either didn't or waited til the fish was gone or not well anymore. Buy hey all those losses led up to him! :teehee

I like the driftwood because it is goldfish safe and pretty!

I'm not the biggest calico fan, but that fish has great proportions and a lovely tail!

Hard enough to find goldfish safe driftwood. I really wanted one that didn't have a huge base (my old one trapped so much poop!) but could reach close to the top of the tank.

He is a lot of fun to watch swim. Different than any I've had. :)

Wow, what a great find! I've had it happen a couple of times that I saw a fish I love, but didn't buy it.  I went back later but the fish was gone.  I'm so glad that didn't happen, and you got this nice fish!

Wow, what a great find! I've had it happen a couple of times that I saw a fish I love, but didn't buy it. I went back later but the fish was gone. I'm so glad that didn't happen, and you got this nice fish!

Thankyou!! I would have been a fool not to have gone back! And really upset/bewildered if he was gone, because there was about a 5-10 minute gap between the tacos and walking back in. :rofl

Grats Jenna!!! Best of luck with that beautiful fish!

Grats Jenna!!! Best of luck with that beautiful fish!

Thankyou!!

I wish i could get some decent pictures of him :teehee

So glad you had those thinkin'-about-it tacos! That is a fish that should NOT have been left behind!

I love the way, on his right side, his white coloration goes straight up to that awesome dorsal, like a stripe or a mohawk.

So glad you had those thinkin'-about-it tacos! That is a fish that should NOT have been left behind!

I love the way, on his right side, his white coloration goes straight up to that awesome dorsal, like a stripe or a mohawk.

:bighug 

I didn't even notice that mohawk stripe! :yikes In my defense, he really only shows me the left side. :rofl 

Holy cow!  That is one gorgeous goldie!!!  SO glad you went for it :D

Stunning fish.

Holy cow! That is one gorgeous goldie!!! SO glad you went for it :D

Me too! :nana

Stunning fish.

Thanks! :)

If you haven't named him yet, you should probably name him Taco!  :teehee