Kokos Goldfish Forum
mjfromga

Abanayabar :)

GEDC6885_zps95bueaqp.jpg

GEDC6879_zps6h7fdha7.jpg

My camera is crap. He's got some interesting looking scales and pretty fins. Hope I can keep him healthy and see how he fills in. He's currently 7 grams, so I've got a longgggg ways to go! She said he was chocolate and blue, but he also has gold on him and all kinds of crazy coloring. I love the little man already. He kinda looks like a fantail at first glance but he's most certainly a Ryukin. So cute  :)

Man he will have huge flowing fins!! And he looks like he will be a beautiful fish!

Thanks a lot. His fins really did draw me in, as did his coloring. She had so many pretty fish - I wish I could have taken another one. I'm looking forward to trying to groom him and keep him healthy.

He's a lovely little fantail!

GEDC5843_zpsofmklhgz.jpg

Slate was far larger than Abanayabar when I got her, but she looked a lot more fantail, too. Her hump is quite flat but it's certainly there. Abanayabar may not grow a large hump, but he's almost certainly a Ryukin.

Yeeeeah, goldfish genetics are a huge mixed bag. A hump could sprout and the snout is a good shape, but the body depth and contour of the back are more fantail than ryukin. Time will tell and grooming helps very much with expression of those genetic traits, though.

Very true! I'm going to try very hard with him. I think his body depth is pretty good considering he's mostly fins at only 7 grams, but his back contour is certainly more fantail (as was Slate's) than Ryukin. Hes not a short tailed varety either way so it'll be interesting to see how things go. I'm also expecting some color change, especially since he's got both metallic and matte scales.

That picture of Slate kills me! That poor little guy has really had a rough go with that growth and SO quickly.

:grouphug:

I agree. She's a trooper, though. Its kinda hard to look at when just a while ago - Slate was a fairly normal looking fish. I would say that her being a Walmart fish played a huge part in this issue, but honestly just think my baby girl got dealt a bad hand since her issue seems to be extremely uncommon in general. :(

Abanayabar is beautiful!!!!!

Abanayabar is so beautiful!

Thanks! FishyMandy - he kinda looks looks the teensy fish in your photo - but without the red.

He can come live at my house.

Lol - maybe he can visit or vacation there! Haha.

Abanayabar weighed in at 8 grams today - gained since I got him Wednesday. I did accidentally overfeed him the second day (not used to feeding such a teensy guy) but have been careful not to overfeed him again. He's already getting a nice rounded belly.

I have decided to staple his diet with Repashy Soilent Green (waiting on it) rather than the pellets that I have used as Slate and Rhonda's diet. I was using Aqueon color enhancing pellets, but Rhonda does better on Kens growth pellets and Slate has been switched to New Life Spectrum Thera A pellets.

He's very cute. Interested to see how his colors turn out. :)

Thanks! Hooray for long finned fishies. Hope he stays healthy (and yours too)! I expect some color change because his coloring is pretty strange. Much like yours, he also has both metallic and matte scales... Which is interesting within itself.

What a pretty fish.  I love the color and the striped fins.  I can see blues, purples, pinks, golds and black on that little fish...how unique.  Looking forward to seeing her get bigger and how she will change color wise.  Congratulations :).

Thanks a ton. He's very cute and growing nicely already. :)

How awesome is that? I don't drive currently and am still learning but REST ASSURED that I shall be getting that when I get my license which hopefully will be this summer. I have bookmarked it.