Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Acro

Anyone bought from Ebay seller "lewnews" ?

Found this seller on ebay:  lewnews

Has anyone bought fish from this person?

I remember seeing lots of cool fish from that seller a while back but I haven't heard any sort of testimony to them.

Maybe you should be the first? :whistle

On another forum, there were some users blasting an eBay fish seller for selling fish that quickly came down with severe and often fatal ich. I don't remember the seller's name, but that's something I did want to point out as I remember several people lost their fish.

He has 99.5% positive ratings.  The fish don't look high quality, but they don't cost much either.  

I remember seeing lots of cool fish from that seller a while back but I haven't heard any sort of testimony to them.

Maybe you should be the first? :whistle

Yeah, thanks jenzaar.  Let me be the guinea pig!  :P  lol

On another forum, there were some users blasting an eBay fish seller for selling fish that quickly came down with severe and often fatal ich. I don't remember the seller's name, but that's something I did want to point out as I remember several people lost their fish.

That could be anybody, there are many ebay fish sellers, but thank you for the warning.

He has 99.5% positive ratings.  The fish don't look high quality, but they don't cost much either.  

As long as the fish are healthy, I'm not too concerned on looks that meet a standard.  I am curious though, what do you see that makes you say they are not high quality?

Either way, It's those YELLOW goldfish that have my attention.

Edited by Acro

What I found  interesting were the "red fantails" that had long bodies -- not just longish bodies, but comet bodies. 

Found this seller on ebay:  lewnews

Has anyone bought fish from this person?

The name sounds familiar, but I can't remember if I actually bought from them or just looked at their stuff. If you go into the feedback and read the negative ones, it looks like the only negative in the last six months was because the person was unhappy that the fish did not look like the photo, it wasn't because it arrived unhealthy. Doesn't mean that hasn't happened, but good chance if the seller had a problem with that sort of thing it would show up in the feedback.

His fish look nice to me for the most part. Lively colors etc. He only has a few Ryukins (my favorite and the only breed I own) but he doesn't take photos from the side - so you can't see their humps. After looking at his page - I'd say go for it!

Through ebay, the seller seems all right, I just wanted to see if any of our members had experience. 

But yes, in a month or two I might pick up one of those yellows!  I'll update if it happens.

Thanks for the replies everyone! 

:D

Just saw that you're in GA. Hi neighbor!

Hey over there!  lol

I might make a trip to Atlanta in late April or May to see the Cirque Du Soleil show KURIOS.

Check it out:  https://www.cirquedusoleil.com/kurios

I love their shows!

The fish are listed as "4-5 inch comet goldfish".  I know many factors are involved, but abut how old are comets that are 4 to 5 inches in size?  Since I've only kept fancies I don't really have an idea of a comet's growth rate.

I assume that's total length, since sellers want the fish to sound as big as possible.  Ask the seller.  If he's giving total length, look at the picture and estimate what fraction is tail and estimate the standard length from that.  With the standard length, I can estimate an age.

You Georgia people should contact the Atlanta Koi Club which holds a Koi and Goldfish Show in October.  They should know local goldfish breeders.  Buying from a small scale breeder will get you higher quality and a much lower price that buying from a large scale breeder or a distributor. 

Edited by shakaho

I've emailed the seller before and asked a question. Had a quick reply but that's all I can say. I've considered ordering for him/her.

1fd60734cc05fc0a8d3f86709aba011a.jpg

I got Abanayabar from a very small time local breeder. She had lots of cute and healthy looking fish to choose from - and she had Ryukins! She had larger and better ones than Abanayabar, but I like the babies (and they cost less too!) so I went with him. She was very nice and so far I'm happy with my fishy. I doubt she had MEGA quality show grade fish, but they were all quite nice.

Thread on goldfish keepers suggests they are the same as livekoiforsale. I have no personal knowledge or experience otherwise. But I have watched his eBay listings for a little bit myself and think those are just stock photos.

http://goldfishkeepers.com/community/threads/goldfish-on-ebay.10287/#post-90101

True, they could be stock photos. I'd at least give them a try, their feedback is okay and their prices are okay. The fish may not be mega high quality, but to me health is what's important.

Hi, did you ever buy from this seller? I asked a few questions about his Ryukin fish and he never gave me a reply the first time. Asked a few weeks afterwards and also no reply. Hideous. Taking photos of Ryukin fish only from the top is not good and with my questions totally ignored, I've got to say that I certainly wouldn't buy from him.

Looking through his feedback, it doesn't look like anybody really buys the Ryukins. Or if they do, they don't have much good to say about them. Pretty easy to see why.

Edited by mjfromga

I stopped buying goldfish online. They never seem to live very long for me.

Hi, did you ever buy from this seller?

Nope, I found a fish to adopt from one of our members instead.  I love the yellow fish, but I really wanted an older fish and one that was 100% female.  I should get my new adopted fish baby at the start of May!  :D

A friend ordered me 4 fish from this seller. 

1 calico ranchu, 1 calico ryukin, 1 red and black oranda SMALL size

1 medium sized black oranda

The ranchu died the next day. The others are okay. The fish when I got them in June and then in August. Can't say what sort of growth you can expect but you see what I got. Really liking the Oranda. Wen coming along nicely and body deepening. 

A few comments.

The SMALL sized fish are very small and thin and SHRIMP when they arrive. They also have defects. Only one anal fin on both fish. Partially fused tail on Oranda. Almost totally fused tail on Ryukin. Ryukin also has a small mouth deformity and not a great shape for a Ryukin but as a calico not a huge deal. 

The black Oranda was washed out color wise when I got it, but quickly regained nice black. He's got the right number of fins and a split tail. Dorsal slightly weak. He's currently blind because of his wen but wasn't like that when I got him. I suspect something I am doing is causing excess wen growth because several of my fish have wen issues. Not the sellers fault. 

I CANNOT truly recommend the small fish. One died and they're not good quality at all and with the shipping included, they're probably not worth the price. I'm happy with them but then I didn't pay for them. 

The medium Oranda guy is IMO AWESOME. He's gone from around 40 grams to over 60 grams and he's spunky and friendly and just so awesome. He swims excellent and he seems strong even though he's now blinded.

And if you order multiples he combines the shipping. So you can get 3 his quality for about $90. That seems pretty good for having them shipped and having 3 of them. 

Anyway you can see here what to expect if you order from him. We didn't contact him about the dead one since it arrived alive but then died a day later and it was a stressful time for me so I just didn't care. So I can't say what sort of service to expect if one dies on you quickly or arrives dead. Anyway he's racked up some negatives as of late and so beware of that. 

Oh and all 3 of the fish I have are MALES. None had stars when I got them but all have them now. 

GEDC0255_zpsfrb0ovfs.jpg.1e322959a180d4a5f3bb503dee8ac411.jpg

IMG_20170902_155553.jpg

GEDC0254_zpsomg4pvgq.jpg.d75bea5948a54c7cf0ec510626325877.jpg

IMG_20170902_155434.jpg

IMG_20170621_120655_kindlephoto-6223092.jpg

IMG_20170904_131930.jpg

GEDC0257_zpszntzmstt.jpg.6e4f6cc051c635be57dffd69b7dde061.jpg

Edited by mjfromga