Kokos Goldfish Forum
koko

T-shirt Raffle Fun Thread!

Bed time!

I have an appointment to see the eye doctor today. New glasses finally. I'm very blind so I really need these and its been ages since I got new glasses. They're always super expensive since I'm nearly legally blind so I'm ready for the BURN!!!

Just had to have my drivers license updated!  I'm no longer on the vertical red card for reckless youngins!  

wc time! :pp

wc time! :pp

I love water change time :D

Good morning ya'll

It's going to be unseasonably warm here this week! I might actually go out and do some things.  :happydance

I have to get a repair on my nails today :)

So tired but I wanna play a new pc game I am getting :)

Did water changes on all 3 tanks. So funny how the setup makes 55 gallon tank changes way easier than 10 and 20 gallon tank changes. Just destroyed my hair (cut VERY short), it'll grow back. Looking for a new color and perhaps a new texture, too. My friend visits on Sunday, wondering what he will say. Doubt he will care. Its been quite warm here in Atlanta, so we went out and got some seeds to plant. Mom and I will get on that next weekend probably. Love the spring coming in.

Did water changes on all 3 tanks. So funny how the setup makes 55 gallon tank changes way easier than 10 and 20 gallon tank changes. Just destroyed my hair (cut VERY short), it'll grow back. Looking for a new color and perhaps a new texture, too. My friend visits on Sunday, wondering what he will say. Doubt he will care. Its been quite warm here in Atlanta, so we went out and got some seeds to plant. Mom and I will get on that next weekend probably. Love the spring coming in.

Sounds like a productive day! :thumbup2: 

For the most part! Oh - and got online and ordered my new glasses too. I had my exam and my eyes are totally healthy aside from me being half blind! My vision worsened a lot from last time, which was expected. I can't wait until they get here. I need them so badly! I have pretty severe astigmatism so these old ones aren't working well anymore.

For the most part! Oh - and got online and ordered my new glasses too. I had my exam and my eyes are totally healthy aside from me being half blind! My vision worsened a lot from last time, which was expected. I can't wait until they get here. I need them so badly! I have pretty severe astigmatism so these old ones aren't working well anymore.

I have a pair of glasses that I don't use as I only have to use them for super small writing as my left eye isn't as sharp as my right eye but I still don't use them on small writing :rofl

Now that you mention that, I really should go to an eye dr to get mine checked. With both open I have 20/20 still, but my left is awful by itself

greatest-owl-pictures-63.jpg

That's funny, I also did water changes on my three tanks yesterday, a 55 a 20L and a 25 (both filled to 15gal for QT purposes) and the two little QT tanks are so much more work since I have to lug buckets back and forth from the bathroom, adjust temperature for each bucket and dose salt and meds at the correct amounts. With the python the 55 is a piece of cake. I just have to move some rocks around and sit back and watch it drain and fill. My boyfriend is not too thrilled about how aquarium maintenance has taken over my life.

What I do for the hard to change tanks (both are being used as QT tanks too) is I remove the fish, remove the water, add the new water, dose the buffer, conditioner, Prazi and salt for the new guy, and wait just a tad... THEN add the fish back in. They do better this way. Little Abanayabar can do without sloshy bucket fillings.

:yawn

I'm tired and twitchy all at once :(

That's how it works! I told my mom one night "I'm ultra tired, but not sleepy at all." She was like HUH?!? But some people get what I meant

What I do for the hard to change tanks (both are being used as QT tanks too) is I remove the fish, remove the water, add the new water, dose the buffer, conditioner, Prazi and salt for the new guy, and wait just a tad... THEN add the fish back in. They do better this way. Little Abanayabar can do without sloshy bucket fillings.

Hmmm I do 100% water changes at the end of every five day prazi round but my fish hate being scooped up and put in a tupperware while I change the water (which I think is understandable). One almost managed to jump out the other day even with a loosely placed plastic cover over the top. On the other hand, one of my fish actually enjoys the ripples and bubbles from new water being poured in the tank and will move to the epicenter of the splash. Maybe this is a single-tailed vs fancy difference--all of my single-tails are feisty little creatures.  

Slate is a thrasher, the other two do okay. I actually pick the fish up gently, they don't like being chased with a bowl and scooped out, Slate jumped back into the water once and I decided the scoop method was a tad risky. I stopped using nets almost immediately, talk about thrashing. Yikes. Fancies don't seem to try and jump out of bowls or anything once they're in them. But I could see how single tails might.

5 days go by with no posts :cry

:yikes

Thought this was closed already! :doh11: