GoldnTexas

Cala Lilies

4 posts in this topic

My mother in law was throwing these away so I opted to home them in my filter media. I'm hoping this is a good thing.

IMG_4677_zpswilwa1qb.jpg

IMG_4676_zpsal6kusa9.jpg

It should work just fine.... Just remember that cats and dogs can get sick from those.... So if you have a cat or dog in the house just remember dont let them eat the plant nor the pollen :o

three small dogs (Chihuahua, mini italian greyhound, and their puppy lol) and two cats, none of them bother the plants at all, and the dogs don't go in our bedroom where the tank is. Only one cat goes in our room and she just sits in the window for a little bit normally then leaves, shes more a ground dweller, she doesn't like being up high. They don't bother the fish tank, we've always used a spray bottle of water as a deterrent to keep them off of the bed and they stay away (dogs and cats both), so they won't bother the tank. Just give em a little squirt and they usually stop whatever it is we want them to stop doing. Works really well with the barking when people walk by the house haha if you've ever had small dogs you understand the constant yippy barking!

Edited by GoldnTexas

three small dogs (Chihuahua, mini italian greyhound, and their puppy lol) and two cats, none of them bother the plants at all, and the dogs don't go in our bedroom where the tank is. Only one cat goes in our room and she just sits in the window for a little bit normally then leaves, shes more a ground dweller, she doesn't like being up high. They don't bother the fish tank, we've always used a spray bottle of water as a deterrent to keep them off of the bed and they stay away (dogs and cats both), so they won't bother the tank. Just give em a little squirt and they usually stop whatever it is we want them to stop doing. Works really well with the barking when people walk by the house haha if you've ever had small dogs you understand the constant yippy barking!

I train our cats with the spray bottle too :)

Just keep an eye out... I had lillies in the house once and my cat came to smell them and next thing you know he chomped at it... I had to take him to the Vet to get him to Vomit.... It was really a big ordeal and I dont want anyone to have to go through that.... :(

It almost killed my cat... I dont keep lillies any where near them as the pollen that comes off is sweet tasting to them and it can kill them too :o