Kokos Goldfish Forum
Arctic Mama

New Babies from Cincy Goldfish

So this is a continuation of the breeder thread - I unboxed my new broadtail moors and black ranchu from Gary Hater, expecting two of the moors and one chu. He indicated he included some extras and actually doubled my order :rofl

The fish are gorgeous and acclimating in their bags right now. I'll shoot some better video when I get home this afternoon. The six (!!!) fish are each absolutely gorgeous specimens and I paid $30 plus shipping for show quality fish. It's a STEAL.

Please excuse, in no particular order, my sideways one handed filming, toddler daughter and her battle wounds from face planting in the yard yesterday, my unmade bed, a foot, and my closet which is holding all my unfolded laundry for attention this afternoon.

*ahem*

Congratulations on your beautiful Goldfish!!!! Your daughter is sooooooo ADORABLE!!!!!!

She's quite the little stinker. As soon as the box arrived she plopped down to see the babies :)

I'm just SO glad they came at 9:30 am because the shipping estimate said 3 pm and we would still be running around to swimming and piano if that was the case. I didn't want to miss the fish and risk them another day in the mail as the weather was turning colder but I also couldn't ditch the school activities today to wait on the mail. Of course the mail carrier didn't come until I was getting out of the shower - cue frantic scrambling for clothes :rofl

The ranchus are even better than I hoped for if that's possible - they have the best tail tuck and look great from the side already. The moors I was expecting perfection - those fins are already impressive and they're only an inch or so in standard length. Just incredible stock.

Edited by Arctic Mama

It's like XMAS and opening presents! They look great and can't wait to see updates!

Those Moors look fantastic! I love the fins!

The ranchus look great too, but as you can tell from what fish I keep, I have a bias.  :teehee

Edited by goldfishgirl82

Update!

New video, proper look at the babies :)

They seem to like your hand.  :)

Great looking fish and it's nice that you supported a small breeder. Best of luck with them and I still can't believe you got them for that price.

They are adorable!

If anyone is interested I believe he is still selling them. He may have increased the prices slightly as they have gotten bigger but they're still such a deal.

Beautiful fish! I love how little they are.

Aww they are all so cute!

Gorgeous!!! :heart good luck with them!! :)

They are gorgeous lil guys, and Gary's stock is always a treat to look at. Best of luck with them

WOW if I had a tank for goldfish, I would love those Ranchu's :)

They are fantastic <3  Congrats on the cuties!!  What a steal for such amazing fish.

Awesome fish - looked so healthy and chubby. As soon as I get my 55 gallon tank - at the VERY latest will be at Petcos next $1 per gallon sale - I wanted one more fishy - but only a Ryukin. Does he have Ryukins? His fish look great! Well... YOUR fish look great.

Awesome fish - looked so healthy and chubby. As soon as I get my 55 gallon tank - at the VERY latest will be at Petcos next $1 per gallon sale - I wanted one more fishy - but only a Ryukin. Does he have Ryukins? His fish look great! Well... YOUR fish look great.

I haven't found a good ryukin stateside, they're all imported. I'm sure someone is breeding the but I haven't found them yet!

I know nothing about breeders yet. I just know I love my Ryukin guys. I was hoping to get one from a breeder as my next one. If you know of any decent ones, please let me know. If not - oh well!

He has advertised ryukin fry on Goldfish Keepers, so have a lot of breeders, so ask him.  At the last show in Orlando, I would guess more than half of the entries were ryukins. 

Cool. Is there a link I can follow? I don't need a show grade fish, just a cute and healthy one. When I get the space, I'll seek him out.

He has advertised ryukin fry on Goldfish Keepers, so have a lot of breeders, so ask him.  At the last show in Orlando, I would guess more than half of the entries were ryukins.

How did o not see this?l. I haven't seen hardly any when I've looked at my usual haunts. Apparently I'm just not looking at the right time :o

I just went to the members buy and sell forum and did a search for ryukin in that forum.  I only looked at the first page.

Cool. Is there a link I can follow? I don't need a show grade fish, just a cute and healthy one. When I get the space, I'll seek him out.

Just e-mail Gary (link in first post) and ask him if he will have any ryukins for sale.