Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GoldnTexas

Seaweed Sheets

What is the basic guideline for these seaweed sheets? I bought a clip that suctions on to the glass of the tank, do I just clip it there? Should I space it out a little bit after they eat their breakfast? How long can I leave the sheet in the tank?

I tear off a piece a little bigger than a business card (for 4 fish), put it in the clip on the wall of the tank, then release the fragment left in the clip about 5 minutes later. I feed it as a meal in itself, so instead of pellets, they get a piece of seaweed. My goal is one big mouthful for each fish (they can ingest a surprising amount at once), then they can play "hunt the fragment" for a while (it sheds particles all over the place - very messy, but my fish love it).

I tear off a piece a little bigger than a business card (for 4 fish), put it in the clip on the wall of the tank, then release the fragment left in the clip about 5 minutes later. I feed it as a meal in itself, so instead of pellets, they get a piece of seaweed. My goal is one big mouthful for each fish (they can ingest a surprising amount at once), then they can play "hunt the fragment" for a while (it sheds particles all over the place - very messy, but my fish love it).

I just put a piece in about an hour ago and left it for about 5 minutes and then took it out and they chased the particles around lol it was fun! They both got a nice mouthful to chew on :)

I soak the human-grade ones and mix it into my gel food.

But it gets chopped in the fish-dedicated food processor first.

I take a piece about the size Shabazin mentioned above, rip it into pieces and soak it in water for a couple minutes, then dump it in my tank (4 fish). I personally don't mess with the clip just because of personal preference. I let it float around in the tank as small bits so the fish have something to chase and forage for. 

I rip off a fairly lunch bit and hold it in my fingers for a bit..the fish come and rip pieces off and once its too small to hold properly I grind it up in my fingers and let it go so the fish have seaweed everywhere..keeps them busy for a while. Is messy but they clean it up lol