Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GoldnTexas

Our Fishy Friends

Cut the Repashy into earthworm-shaped strips.  Once they get used to this food you can dangle a "worm"  in the water and they will come and slurp off a piece that breaks off in their mouths.  If you say the fish's name as it grabs the food, it will associate that word with "food in my mouth" and eventually come rushing with open mouth when you call its name.

Thats so cool! I am so shocked at all the cute things these fish do. I'm glad my wife talked me into goldfish instead of cichlids  :teehee

I was the same. I have kept fish for over 30 years and always thought goldfish were not cool enough. I have really changed my mind and going forward will never have anything but goldfish in my main tanks. They are like the dogs of the fish world. I think the only thing close to them in the cichlid world world would be an Ocsar.

HAHAHA I literally just got done saying to my wife that these fish are like water puppies  :lol:

This morning's feeding consisted of me soaking and dropping in around 8 pellets... Ru the Ryukin quickly gobbled up like 6 of them... little Hiro the Ranchu didn't even have a chance, so from now on I will separate them for their morning pellet feeding.  :stop

I have to separate mine sometimes to feed, as well. I love the Ryukins name. Ru - Genius! Ryukins are my fave, so looking forward to seeing them grow.

Can't wait for updates and I'm glad your little ones are settling in and eating well :)

They are in their new house, I think they are a little taken back by how much room they have, but they have swam around, played in the bubbles, coasted on the current, and have been exploring everything! They are so happy! 

Here are a few quick shots I took with my iPhone.....

IMG_4553_zpsq8spi4a2.jpg

IMG_4552_zpshdsalu4n.jpg

IMG_4551_zpsbgw4w1ex.jpg

A few more pics....

IMG_4550_zpsmtom5ggr.jpg

:booty  :booty  :booty

IMG_4547_zpsj6ivnsey.jpg

:gfish:  :gfish:

IMG_4544_zpscvzzeiw5.jpg

:fishtank:

So happy!!  :nana

adorable :wub: and i just read your cycling thread. good work :)

Hiro's poo has turned from white to normal colored. Still a little bit on the long side length wise. Ru is still normal everything and he is a little explorer. He was there in the front to greet us this morning. I notice he has been sucking up some of the sand and spitting it out. Hiro is still kind of shy, he stays in the back of the aquarium swimming in the bubble wall and hiding behind rocks, he comes to the front occasionally and swims around with Ru. They are good friends already :) 

They really do seem a lot happier in the big tank!

Gimme your red and white and no one gets hurt.  :o

:rofl3

Gimme your red and white and no one gets hurt.   :o

:rofl3

My wife would have something to say about that lol thats her Ru.

Ru and Hiro, Best Friends!

IMG_4561_zpshwcesfhf.jpg

IMG_4563_zpsaxql8aat.jpg

IMG_4559_zps7c6prctp.jpg

Someday I will own a DSLR. I bird watch too and have a 8ft tall bird feeding station that I built in our back yard with 4 feeders on it (might post some pics in the other critter forum sometime). So a DSLR IS IN MY FUTURE.

Edited by GoldnTexas

Messing around with my canon powershot and of 100+ photos this was the ONLY one that wasn't blurry. I think it might be that the fish are so tiny and fast the camera just cant focus on them, it focuses on everything else. All the decorations in the photos come out crystal clear! So frustrating! Kind of sad when your phone camera takes better pictures than your ACTUAL camera  :madrant

IMG_1096_zpsnqbpzfc0.jpg

Edited by GoldnTexas

I'm still learning how to best photograph my fish. It is getting easier now that they're bigger and a bit more laid back.

I'm thinking when they are bigger and slow down a little bit it will be easier. They are just so quick and little its so hard to get them to sit still for more than a second!

These lil' fishies are such characters! I love watching them!

Some pics from today :)

Just swimmin' along....

IMG_4592_zpsmazl04pz.jpg

OH!

IMG_4593_zps8ynvydsb.jpg

hey dad!

IMG_4594_zpsoeuxqtfx.jpg

YOU HAS FOOD?!

IMG_4596_zpsamzjgp7q.jpg

Hiro is out and following Ru around like normal again. I guess I was worried over nothing.

IMG_4666_zpskioaggsy.jpg

IMG_4667_zpspljrz1em.jpg

IMG_4669_zpspml8si6r.jpg

Oh, the Ryukin. So much LOVE!!! I really look forward to seeing him grow up. The ranchu is cute, too but all hands on the Ryukin deck! Wishing your buddies happy, healthy long lives.

Fishes are getting bigger ???? Hiro the Ranchu is gaining on Ru now! He used to be so much smaller! They are happy as can be. Scrubbed some brown algae off the front and side walls as well as the large rock. Doing 50% wc's every 4-5 days. Feeding twice a day, repashy in the mornings, alternating omega one pellets and seaweed in the evening. Fasting one day a week (usually Tuesday) with a go of peas the following day. Everything going great! Pics later ????

Edited by GoldnTexas

Hey Yall! I know it's been awhile but we've been dealing with a bit of a personal issue. We were trying for another baby but it didn't end up working out this go around. So, my wife said we could get another fishy!

So here is our new and final addition to the 40 gallon, Lumie (named after lumiere from beauty and the beast). He as an Oranda, and we're sure he will lose his black but that's alright, hes still a happy, healthy fishy. He is in quarantine right now, not treating for anything but just monitoring him for a few weeks. He looks wonderful! Here are some pictures!

Ru the Ryukin and Hiro the Ranchu are both doing great! Eating like little piggies and Ru is getting really fat! I'm hoping he will start to develop his humps soon! Hiro is gaining a little chub on his cheeks and has a chubby lil belly now too, I will try to take some pictures of them later on. 

Without further a-do. Here is Lumie our Oranda!

Lumie5_zpsjw5z7bfj.jpg

Lumie2_zpsfj6kphcr.jpg

Lumie3_zps9bdrpukj.jpg

Lumie4_zpsiyjumhyx.jpg

Lumie1_zpsefmpqavt.jpg

Lumie6_zpsm2ylh6wb.jpg

In that last pic there is a piece of repashy on the bottom of the tank, he loves it! He also loves the Omega One pellets, and I fed him a little bit of deshelled, smashed up peas and he devoured them. 

Everything looking great so far! Hopefully he can join his new family in the fishy mansion in a few weeks! Fingers crossed!

Thanks for looking yall! Take Care!

Chris

He's beautiful!!!!

So cute! I hope he keeps a little of his black coloration for you :)