amoonklein

Beybeys!

107 posts in this topic

Just saw you sale thread and photos of all the lil' pooppin' buggers, so cute!  If I wasn't making my next tanks shubunkins I'd crab some of the calico/multi colored babies you have.

Hope you can find them all good homes and not have to use ichy petstores that don't love/care for their fish like we do (or you're lucky enough to find a store that have the knowledge/initiative  and equipment to properly care for the fish).

Thank you :D  I know exactly what you mean!  I shudder at the thought of them being at a fish store.  Even the good local stores in my area don't properly care for their goldies.  I even told my friends/family that I would most likely have a questionnaire for them before I'd feel comfortable giving them away.  My Hubby said it would probably be more like an inquisition. LOL.

Haha are you going to sit down potential adopters and aim a  bright lamp at them and drill them for info "Soo you think you can handle one of my babies hmm? Quick what size tank do you have?!..Filtration?..Is it cycled yet?!!!"

:rofl3  That's the running joke around the house!!  I think I might have actually scared a friends off by telling them about goldfish and maintenance... and that I'd only give them away to people that had proper set-ups.

Also new to raising frys. What dosage do you do with Prazi? I assume you were doing it for precautionary measures more than anything else? 

Also new to raising frys. What dosage do you do with Prazi? I assume you were doing it for precautionary measures more than anything else? 

Hi MJ.  I used PraziPro and followed the bottle's directions for dosing.  They received their first dose of Prazi at about 1 week old.  I started to see the fry spitting out their brine shrimp and based on what I had been reading on kokos, that is an indicator that they need their first dose.

Congrats on your fry!  I also got a crash course in raising them as the spawn was unexpected.  I hope everything goes well for you and your fry grow up to be happy, healthy goldfish.  It's a fun experience :)

The first of the fry have officially been re-homed!

I was a little apprehensive about trying to find new homes for these guys as this whole process is new to me, but after meeting MG (and her man) and seeing Fishlandia I knew they'd have a wonderful life.  Plus, it was great to meet a kokos member in person :)

20160806_130045_zpskdqcyazk.jpg

The morning of... waiting to meet their new buddies

Getting ready for the drive

20160806_104817_zpsmi0uugyk.jpg

Acclimating with some of MG's tasty homemade gel food

It was the perfect first re-homing experience for me. I'm very grateful to MG for offering to adopt these little ones :)

4 down, 60(ish) more to go.  Yay!

Edited by amoonklein

What a great picture!!!!!

Hi MJ.  I used PraziPro and followed the bottle's directions for dosing.  They received their first dose of Prazi at about 1 week old.  I started to see the fry spitting out their brine shrimp and based on what I had been reading on kokos, that is an indicator that they need their first dose.

Congrats on your fry!  I also got a crash course in raising them as the spawn was unexpected.  I hope everything goes well for you and your fry grow up to be happy, healthy goldfish.  It's a fun experience :)

Thanks for your response. Also appreciate you sharing your step by step experience (literally) with the community. That's a lot of hard work and commitment. 

Thanks for your response. Also appreciate you sharing your step by step experience (literally) with the community. That's a lot of hard work and commitment. 

You're very sweet to say that... It's definitely a labor of love for sure.   These guys are totally worth it :wub: