amoonklein

Beybeys!

107 posts in this topic

You ship them? I'm from Atlanta :( Very far from you.

You ship them? I'm from Atlanta :( Very far from you.

Hmm... I've never shipped fish before, but I've been on the receiving end.  I imagine so long as the packing is done properly and they are sent overnight, it would be a possibility.  I definitely wouldn't rule it out.  More things to think about!  

Awesome. Maybe I'll end up with one, after all!

Popping in for a quick update and some fry video spam :teehee

I've been working on a tank upgrade for the adult fancies and while in the process of moving tanks around, I needed a place to keep Ralph until she was ready to move to the new tank... so I added her to the fry stock tub:

She's lurking in the lower left hand corner for most of the video.  It was pretty fun to have Mama in the tank with most of her beybeys :wub:  They seemed a bit confused by her presence at first, but warmed up very quickly :D

Wow theres so many How old is this batch now?

I only have 9 left of my guys, and 2 of them aren't looking so flash. I'm starting to think their mothers swim bladder issue was genetic rather than been caused by the tank explosion.

My oh My you have been busy :) loved watching all your fry grow and change :) so much fun :) Congrats!!

Wow theres so many How old is this batch now?

I only have 9 left of my guys, and 2 of them aren't looking so flash. I'm starting to think their mothers swim bladder issue was genetic rather than been caused by the tank explosion.

There are currently 81 in the stock tank tub (57 from Batch #1 and 24 from Batch #2).  Batch #3 are still residing in the 20 gallon tank (there are 9 of them).  All in all I have 90 fry.  I am surprised I have so many... of course, I haven't culled any of them and there are a few in "questionable" condition.  Hoping that doesn't backfire on me later.

I'm glad you still have 9 fry left :)  I know what you mean about some not looking so flash.  The father of the fry (Studly) has slightly funky eyes where there is almost a small hollow space under each eye.  It seems a lot of my fry have "hollow" spaces under their eyes so I will have to keep a close watch on them to make sure it doesn't affect their quality of life.  I suppose I'd much rather have a small batch of relatively healthy fry than a ton of fry with defects.  Your fry are definitely well taken of!  

My oh My you have been busy :) loved watching all your fry grow and change :) so much fun :) Congrats!!

Thank you!  I have definitely been enjoying the whole process.  It will be strange when I officially have to let them go to new homes... I think I'll have empty nest sydrome!!   :teehee

I can't believe it's almost time to re-home these guys... they are getting so much bigger and really starting to show color changes

I have them in the 75 gallon tank right now (while I work on getting the stock tub ready to become an outdoor pond).  I took individual videos of each one of these booger butts so I could better observe/catalog them.  There are several that have "derpy" eyes, and quite a few with some curled fins.

The sheer amount of poop they make in one day is crazy!

Gimme gimme! There are several in there I really like!

Sent using Tapatalk

:goodjob

Those yellow babies are so freaking cute!!!

Gimme gimme! There are several in there I really like!

Sent using Tapatalk

Me too I could pick out 3 in a heart beat.

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

I can't believe it's been almost another month... these guys are almost 6 months old now! 

I've grown quite attached to them which is a problem (for me) because there is no way I'll be able to keep them.  I moved the three biggest into the main tank (Biggie, Abraham, and Harvey) and several of my favorites went into the stock tank (which has been converted into an above ground pond on my patio).  That leaves me with 66 fry in the 75 gallon tank... assuming I counted correctly.  Crazy. 

I am at the point where I won't be able to keep up with water changes.  As it is, I'm doing 90% once a day and this is just barely cutting it.  They are getting big and are serious poop machines.

Before I start asking around with local shops, etc., I definitely want to give kokos peeps first dibs on these water monsters. I'm thinking I'm going to post in the "Classifieds" forum to see if anyone is interested.  I'd love to see them go to you guys and know they will be loved and cared for... plus there's the potential added bonus of getting to see them grow up ;D

Le sigh... why can't I just have a ginormous pond where all the fish can come hang out?!

Beautiful!!!!

Chris here.... I'd love to buy one of your bright yellow pooping machines.... :booty Please!!!! But I live in So. California... Will it be able to make that kind of journey??? :mail:

Edited by Chris1251

Beautiful!!!!

Thanks, Dawn :)  I'm pretty partial to them myself :teehee It will be difficult to say goodbye!

Chris here.... I'd love to buy one of your bright yellow pooping machines.... :booty Please!!!! But I live in So. California... Will it be able to make that kind of journey??? :mail:

Hi Chris.  I'm sure one of these goobers would be more than happy to swim around at your place :D As for the journey to get there... good question!  I've never shipped a fish before, but I've received shipped fish.  I think as long as the fish is properly packed, it should be OK.  I'd need to do some research to see what is involved, but I'm very open it :thumb:  For the kokos family, I will give the fry away for free and only ask for reimbursement on shipping (if he/she needs to be shipped).  Let me do some double checking on the shipping process, what supplies I'd need, and the cost involved.  Then we can chat some more and see if it's something that would work for you.  Does that sound good?

Beautiful!!!!

Thanks, Dawn :)  I'm pretty partial to them myself :teehee It will be difficult to say goodbye!

Hi Chris.  I'm sure one of these goobers would be more than happy to swim around at your place :D As for the journey to get there... good question!  I've never shipped a fish before, but I've received shipped fish.  I think as long as the fish is properly packed, it should be OK.  I'd need to do some research to see what is involved, but I'm very open it :thumb:  For the kokos family, I will give the fry away for free and only ask for reimbursement on shipping (if he/she needs to be shipped).  Let me do some double checking on the shipping process, what supplies I'd need, and the cost involved.  Then we can chat some more and see if it's something that would work for you.  Does that sound good?

Chris here.....

Amoonklein, that sounds just about awesome!!!! :happydance

Beautiful!!!!

Chris here.....

Amoonklein, that sounds just about awesome!!!! :happydance

:clapping:

I'm interested too :D

I was happy when one of my babies went to a Koko's member, and as it turned out she is back with me now!

Sent using Tapatalk

I'm interested too :D

I was happy when one of my babies went to a Koko's member, and as it turned out she is back with me now!

Sent using Tapatalk

Yay!  :happydance  Your in IN, right?  I better get cracking on shipping research!!

Just saw you sale thread and photos of all the lil' pooppin' buggers, so cute!  If I wasn't making my next tanks shubunkins I'd crab some of the calico/multi colored babies you have.

Hope you can find them all good homes and not have to use ichy petstores that don't love/care for their fish like we do (or you're lucky enough to find a store that have the knowledge/initiative  and equipment to properly care for the fish).

Edited by AquaAurora

Just saw you sale thread and photos of all the lil' pooppin' buggers, so cute!  If I wasn't making my next tanks shubunkins I'd crab some of the calico/multi colored babies you have.

Hope you can find them all good homes and not have to use ichy petstores that don't love/care for their fish like we do (or you're lucky enough to find a store that have the knowledge/initiative  and equipment to properly care for the fish).

Thank you :D  I know exactly what you mean!  I shudder at the thought of them being at a fish store.  Even the good local stores in my area don't properly care for their goldies.  I even told my friends/family that I would most likely have a questionnaire for them before I'd feel comfortable giving them away.  My Hubby said it would probably be more like an inquisition. LOL.

Thank you :D  I know exactly what you mean!  I shudder at the thought of them being at a fish store.  Even the good local stores in my area don't properly care for their goldies.  I even told my friends/family that I would most likely have a questionnaire for them before I'd feel comfortable giving them away.  My Hubby said it would probably be more like an inquisition. LOL.

Haha are you going to sit down potential adopters and aim a  bright lamp at them and drill them for info "Soo you think you can handle one of my babies hmm? Quick what size tank do you have?!..Filtration?..Is it cycled yet?!!!"