amoonklein

Beybeys!

107 posts in this topic

Time sure is flying by... they get bigger every day:

This one is from last night:

I have one single tail in the bunch... I pulled him out the other night and took a video of him.  That's when I notice his eyes.  Especially the right eye.  The space directly underneigth his eyes look almost hollow.  Is it me, or is there something up with him:

I started their third round of prazi on Sunday.  This time I'm using prazi powder instead of the Hikari prazipro.

The Hubby and I are headed out of town for 3 days this weekend.  I'm a little nervous about leaving them (sheesh) but my mother will be keeping an eye on them and she will be feeding them for me too :)  They will be in good hands.

That is one crazy-amazing batch of fry!   :rockon And do I see some nacreous scaling? :o   

:goodjob

That is one crazy-amazing batch of fry!   :rockon And do I see some nacreous scaling? :o   

Thanks!  Yes, there are quite a few of them (close to half) that have that gorgeous scaling and are really starting to look like their mama :D

:goodjob

I was a little nervous being away from the house, but my Mom did a great job.  Her fry nanny skills were on point!  Everyone was happy and healthy when I got home... except for me.  I picked up a stupid cold and have spent the better part of the week recovering and being a little useless around the house... and for the fishies.  Normally, I'd be doing daily water changes for the fry (or every other day), but my energy level was zilch so they toughed through a few 3 day intervals.

I'm back on track though...

Sunday, I snagged a few of the batch #1 fry from their stock tub and got a few videos:

This guy is the biggest:

A few more:

A different angle:

One more lone goldy:

This guy is the single tail.  His eyes are a little more funky looking now and the right one in particular seems to have a fluid bubble forming:

Not sure what, if anything, I should do about it.  He seems OK?  I'm just worried about him from a developmental standpoint, but I'm super hesitant to cull.

Batch #2 is 43 days old today.  They finished their 2nd round of prazi yesterday and are doing pretty well.  I'll have to get a video of them... all 24.

Batch #3 have graduated to the 10 gallon tank.  They are 12 days old today :D   I'll need to get a video of them as well.  I have 9 total.

This brings me to 90 goldfish fry!   Hopefully, Ralph and Studly cool it for a while.  At least she drops less and less eggs each time ;D

Sorry you're not feeling well!  

What cute and perfect little babies! :D

They are so big! My guys are all so tiny and it makes me sad because I was trying so hard to provide enough space and food and everything for them so they would grow better than my last lot and they haven't :(

Sorry you're not feeling well!  

What cute and perfect little babies! :D

Thank you!  I'm quite surprised they are all doing so well.  I anticipated only having a few left at this stage, but they sure are proving me wrong ;D

They are so big! My guys are all so tiny and it makes me sad because I was trying so hard to provide enough space and food and everything for them so they would grow better than my last lot and they haven't :(

I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time with your fry :(  It's tough enough to care for them when they are well, I can only imagine how frustrating it is to have to deal with illness too.   :heart

Time sure is flying by.  These guys are keeping me quite busy!

Just wanted to pop in with a quick update on how everyone is doing and offer some video spam of some of the mini water goobers:

Batch #1 - This is one is almost all matte and a pretty white with some yellowing

Batch #1 - I snagged the largest fry (Biggie) and the smallest fry (Tiny Tim) in a holding tank together for a size comparison

Batch #1 - Cruisin' in their stock tub.  This was during a water change so I had the air pump off to make it easier to siphon all that poop!

Batch #2 - Currently residing in the 20 gallon and quickly outgrowing it!  There is at least one that has pirate eyes (one black), one of them has red "eyebrows" (that's Groucho)

Batch #3 - This is a terrible video but it's the only one I have so I thought I'd post it to keep track of their progress.  They are in the 10 gallon at the moment (a total of 9 fry) and are all named Scott.  I joked with my husband when I was removing eggs before they started to develop, laughing that I had thankfully gotten away "scott free" and didn't have to worry about more fry.  Then Ralph laid more eggs!  So much for Scott free... so it seemed fitting to name them Scott ;)

That's it for now :D

Ah they all look so great!! :clapping: I love the white one, and Biggie too. :teehee

They look great!

WOW hun... those guys are getting big...

Makes me want to take a video of my Big molly fry now :)

Ah they all look so great!! :clapping: I love the white one, and Biggie too. :teehee

Thank you :D  They are all developing their own unique coloring.  It's pretty fun to watch and see what happens and how they turn out. 

Fabulous!

Sent using Tapatalk

Thanks.  I'm pretty sure they think they are fabulous too  :teehee

They look great!

Thanks!  I'm having a good time watching them all grow.  I'll be sad once I have to find new homes for a majority of them.  I want to keep them ALL!

WOW hun... those guys are getting big...

Makes me want to take a video of my Big molly fry now :)

It seems like every time I look in the tank they sprouted even more!  

I'd love to see your molly fry :D  I bet they are pretty cute!

I'll be sad once I have to find new homes for a majority of them.  I want to keep them ALL!

I know the problem.  That's why I can't be a breeder.

Hi guys,

Wanted to pop in with a quick update on the fry.  Batch #1 & #2 are officially residing together in the stock tub and are happily co-existing, making lots and lots of poop for me to siphon.  Here are a few random videos of some of these goobers:

Batch #3 (the Scotts) are in the 20 gallon and officially his the 2 month mark a few days ago.

They are definitely keeping me busy... I can't believe I only have about 1 month before I'll have to start re-homing most of them.  I don't know how I will decide which ones to keep!

They look great! :D Seriously, are you planning on posting the ones you need to rehome here? :pease:

Sent using Tapatalk

Wow they are massive!

They look great! :D Seriously, are you planning on posting the ones you need to rehome here? :pease:

Sent using Tapatalk

Hee hee... of course my kokos peeps get first dibs :)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I'm in absolute love with the big silver one in video #2. He reminds me of my Slate (without her Boo Boo). They look great. You've done so well with them!

I can't believe how big they are!!!!! OMG!!!!! They look great!!!!

I'm in absolute love with the big silver one in video #2. He reminds me of my Slate (without her Boo Boo). They look great. You've done so well with them!

Thank you :D  That one is definitely a cutie and I love that he reminds you of your sweetheart  :heart

I can't believe how big they are!!!!! OMG!!!!! They look great!!!!

Thank you  :wub:  I feel like a proud fish nanny

I plan on getting a new tank for my birthday on June 13th. I sooo wish I could have him for it (I know I can't). He's awesome! You SHOULD be proud. They all look great!

Edited by mjfromga

I plan on getting a new tank for my birthday on June 13th. I sooo wish I could have him for it (I know I can't). He's awesome! You SHOULD be proud. They all look great!

I don't think they'd be ready to go to new homes in time... but once they are ready, I will probably post a video of each one that way (if you decide you would want a Klein water goober) you would be able to see and pick the one you like best  :teehee

EDITED for TYPOS!!!

Edited by amoonklein