Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
FishyMandy

Eggs Again!

FishyMandy I've read through this whole thread but not for a while, and I know absolutely nothing about breeding and fry so my apologies if you've already tried this or it's just not relevant.

Have you tried experimenting with different combinations of variables? My understanding (which also may be totally wrong) is that even if they're smaller than they're meant to be, they can make it up at any point.... Although obviously not if it's genetic.

Maybe try changing their food for a month, or the amount you feed, and see if you notice a difference. If not, maybe change your WC habits for a month, see if that works. Or split them up further so they have even more space for a month and see.

I know you take great care of them so I doubt it's anything you're doing directly. Maybe a different combination of factors might help?

Fingers crossed for good growth :)

Yep ave tried changing their food, have split them up further, increased/decreased water changes. it's very frustrating! 

I never posted the promised pictures the other day...should get to it today lol

Very frustrating!

Your pics are always amazing, I can't wait to see :)

Cute. They look pretty good to me. I've tried changing foods and stuff with mine, too. Rhonda is probably 9-10 months and is 22 grams. Nothing I can do, she's just a small fish.

I lost another today :( One of my favourites. He was one of the biggest ones. His little body looked perfect :(

I've started feeding these guys crushed hikari lionhead now which they love. I was struggling to keep up wit enough BBS for them. Especially when I couldnt find a spot that my dog didn't knock the hatchery down when he has his freakout moments..lost so many batches that were almost ready to hatch because he freaked out and knocked it over. 

Sorry you lost another one. With regards to the BBS, he can get onto your kitchen counter? That's where I'd keep mine because I know the cats jump up everywhere else and they'd probably knock it all over.

He cant get there but there is limited space and not enough power points to run the lamp and air pump :(

They look PERFECT to me! So beautiful.  But I am so sorry you lost your favorite.  

Disclaimer: I've never bred goldfish, so this just a question, not advice.  I follow ECR and she feeds her fry bloodworms.  I don't know how big hers get before she starts feeding them that.  Maybe you could chop some bloodworms up for them? I imagine chopped up bloodworms would be SUPER messy, so if you try it, I would recommend putting them in another container just at feeding times with the bloodworms.

You have a transparent fish!  Compare your first fish pictured above with the ones here.

Thats interesting! I actually have a few tgat are transparent like that.

Think I can start to see pearls on some of them :)

KquVOL0.jpg

CQPCwt6.jpg

kbuoVGZ.jpg

kbuoVGZ.jpg

xHaMLia.jpg

Pearls?! How exciting! :clapping:

I'm late to it but one of my fish started off translucent. It was really awesome to see, and she is still so cool. Edna's a rainbow, there's white, yellow, pink and sometimes a hint of purple depending on the light.
d723f54318bde8d47b16db850bdef635.jpg

when she was properly see-through

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z444/jenzaar/IMG_1987.jpg

Don't wanna spam your thread anymore! :ignore

Edited by jenzaar

Pearls?! How exciting! :clapping:

I'm late to it but one of my fish started off translucent. It was really awesome to see, and she is still so cool. Edna's a rainbow, there's white, yellow, pink and sometimes a hint of purple depending on the light.

d723f54318bde8d47b16db850bdef635.jpg

when she was properly see-through

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z444/jenzaar/IMG_1987.jpg

Don't wanna spam your thread anymore! :ignore

She is beautiful! You can spam all you want :rofl

Here's some photos from over the past few days. They are 10 weeks old today. 

31yLnXr.jpg

zgBdhQj.jpg

kCNfMLF.jpg

77iLKOC.jpg

5fr9jVK.jpg

gnHDfGe.jpg

Edited by FishyMandy

wow this is so cool to watch :popcorn

Thanks Koko :heart

I'm still worried about their growth but I'm hoping to be able to split them up further soon. Right now I have 2 x 20gallon tubs with 10 in each. Hoping to be able to set up at least one more tub for them. I was goign to use my QT Tank for a couple but Stumpy is in there now because she is struggling so much with the deep main tank so until I can get a whole new tank it's gonna be tough! I thought about putting them in the smaller pond outside but worry it's too cold now to put them out from been inside. 

A couple more photos

l0XVzLh.jpg

LOVE the PEARLS on this one!

z90g4zQ.jpg

Spoddy has developed a little Tiger stripe on her dorsal!

ZZO3Wun.jpg

Raindrop is still transparent!

Mandy, what were the parents of these fry? I'm amazed by that perfectly transparent fish.  I don't think the ones I linked to above are that transparent.

Mandy, what were the parents of these fry? I'm amazed by that perfectly transparent fish.  I don't think the ones I linked to above are that transparent.

The parents are a calico crowned pearlscale and a calico telescope!

Mother

QLuGj8F.jpg

x4nMxW3.jpg

Father

iAcfiQq.jpg

vZdvSZT.jpg

Its going to be so interesting to see how they come out :)

They are looking wonderful :D  And they parents are just gorgeous!!  I can't wait to see how they look when they are all grown up :D

11 Weeks Old Now :)

Going to see if I can get another sponge filter and tub tomorrow to give them a bit more space

They've had their first taste of NLS Algae Gel and loved it :D

MEi0eUG.jpg

edlQbw1.jpg

YnDGnpb.jpg

pICslcT.jpg

gLiqZRV.jpg

494SQS5.jpg

QrUvrTk.jpg

amP5zpk.jpg

4jdc49N.jpg

S7VrKXh.jpg

zEYeoBi.jpg

bDwAwoO.jpg

They are soooooo cute :D Love seeing those little speckles on them too.