Ysv6nvN.jpg

lKXmeYb.jpg

BZFcGT9.jpg

BkKNZD8.jpg

2r6Ui5X.jpg

7J0QPKB.jpg

5 and a Half weeks Old :)

I'm down to a lowly 28. 

Sorry you are down to 28, but I imagine caring for fewer little water monsters is a bit easier.  They are looking very good :)

So these guys are going along ok now?

No more split bellies :wacko:?

I love those little speckles on that one...with the speckles... :blush:

Yep they are doing great! Ive lost one since the last update but I don't know what happened there..there was no body..just disappeared. Ill update with more photos from their 6 week old day later today.

OK here are a couple photos from their 6 week old photoshoot

This one is Firefly

nGP9Zv4.jpg

This one is Raindrop

jNqJBuV.jpg

yYkRyua.jpg

This one is Freckle

ypwzPRg.jpg

This one is Chopper

2vAfhda.jpg

Raindrop

cM0Sroo.jpg

This one doesn't have a name but I really like her

pcJK9XZ.jpg

Raindrop

PWq8NEv.jpg

No Name

pqpW2DV.jpg

In comparsion this was little No Name before starting the metro you can see how dark red she was

ryCZLs1.jpg

Oh yeah you can really see the red has gone down! You have done a great job :D

They all look so transparent like x-ray fish :teehee

They love to poo by the looks of things :whistle

Oh yeah you can really see the red has gone down! You have done a great job :D

They all look so transparent like x-ray fish :teehee

They love to poo by the looks of things :whistle

thanks speckles!

Pooping is their second favourite thing! LOL Favourite is eating

Oh wow look at that you can see the insides working. Nice photos hun WOW :)

Oh wow look at that you can see the insides working. Nice photos hun WOW :)

Thanks Koko!

Little Chopper passed away today :(

Yea :( I guess the lil guy had more problems then were visible

Biggest one in a 1/8th cup measure with a 5c piece

UfNBcfx.jpg

IffSMVU.jpg

Smallest one in the same cup

Y2xpaxk.jpg

ciFJhJ5.jpg

So my babies are 54 days old today and I'm feeling really discouraged :( They are all so small. They have barely grown at all since the 4 week mark. I don't know if it's because of the illnesses they've had or what...but I am really discouraged...I tried so hard this time to improve on everything I did last time hoping I would see better growth...Gave them more space, more food, more water changes...and I see so many other fish of this age that are like 4x as big as my guys and I just feel really devastated :(:cry 

I really really wanted to see some nice growth and feel like i was doing things right..but I don't feel like that at all. I love watching these guys develop but they just don't seem to be getting anywhere and I feel like I'm not doing a good job

I only have 21 left :(

zhOZRTQ.jpg

BibvmLa.jpg

jzeqaTX.jpg

This is the biggest one..and you can see how small she is compared to the writing on the tub

HmZGckM.jpg

:crying:

Edited by FishyMandy

Aww... Its okay. I'm sad that my Rhonda, who has such a pretty Ryukin shape won't grow. At probably 8-9 months old, she's stuck at around 20 grams. :( She'd be SO PRETTY if she got nice and big, but I've accepted that it isn't going to happen and I am trying to care for her well like any other fishy I'll have.

I have a lot of fish that have just stayed tiny...but I'm just so bummed that I'm trying to do everything right and both times I've rasied fry they've never met the growth rate I see everywhere else :(

I have a lot of fish that have just stayed tiny...but I'm just so bummed that I'm trying to do everything right and both times I've rasied fry they've never met the growth rate I see everywhere else :(

Don't beat yourself up about it as I have had year old baby comets and commons be maybe 2 inches max but they have all grown and caught up with the ones that I didn't raise who were left in the pond

Sorry that you feel discouraged.  But, just remember this -- breeding goldfish is something that many dabble in, but very few succeed in.  The fact that you have 21 alive is really great.  I hear it's a learning process, with many trials, errors, and failures.  So keep your chin up -- I think you're doing a great job by them.

Sorry that you feel discouraged.  But, just remember this -- breeding goldfish is something that many dabble in, but very few succeed in.  The fact that you have 21 alive is really great.  I hear it's a learning process, with many trials, errors, and failures.  So keep your chin up -- I think you're doing a great job by them.

Very true! I was hoping to someday dabble in it myself, but I'm pretty sure that all 4 of my fish are female! What are the odds? Oh, well! I agree and I think she's doing great. Its hard stuff.

Thanks guys. I jut wish I could see the kind of growth as I see in others fry!

I'm so sorry to hear the process has been such a struggle :(  I'm sure it must be very difficult dealing with sick fry.  I will mimic what others have said.  Breeding and raising fry is a crazy process and is very much a learning experience.  Try to keep your chin up.  You really are doing a wonderful job caring for them.   

I just wish I knew what I was doing wrong!

I mean as in why I have never got the amount of growth i see others get. Why they stay so small

Edited by FishyMandy

I would feel that way too.  I feel that way about my "adult" goldfish.  They haven't grown as big as many other people's fish that I see on Instagram, and on here, and I wonder if I should have done something differently.

I find it interesting the size difference between fry? I guess its genetics and some get fast growing genes (maybe they are gutsers) and others don't or are slower etc. So many variables [emoji848]

See my last lot had big parents but still grew really slowly. They are almost 18 months old now and still only a couple inches long

I thought my last lot didn't grow much because I had them so crowded..so i split this lot up earlier and into bigger areas..they have wt lesst 5x the space my others did, but no difference in growth rate!

Ill post some pics soon..thry are 8 weeks old now