FishyMandy

Eggs Again!

172 posts in this topic

Congrats!

Your photos of the little guys are great!  I can't seem to get a good picture of mine at all :)

I'm looking forward to reading about how they are doing.

Thats just awesome hun.... :popcorn

Means I get another green egg?! *jumps up and down like an excited 2 year old*

I might break a finger nail by doing that :tomuch:

Thats just awesome hun.... :popcorn

Means I get another green egg?! *jumps up and down like an excited 2 year old*

I might break a finger nail by doing that :tomuch:

Hehehe Thanks Koko! :nana

So some of the fry are starting t swim around but then clinging onto the glass or a plant again. My brine shrimp failed :madrant So I've put some algae in there for them to munch on if they get hungry and will try the brine shrimp again (Really hope I dont need to buy more eggs, they're pricey!)

Kolo and Stumpy left me more eggs this morning :thud I didn't rescue any though...one lot of fry at a time is enough for me!

Brine shrimp eggs are crazy expensive!!  I bought a 3 pack and am already starting to wonder what I'm going to do when those run out.  I think I read that hard boiled egg yolks are good, but are pretty messy.  I hope your little wigglers are in the mood to try brine shrimp again soon!

I hope the lot of brine shrimp eggs I have in the hatchery now actually hatch this time! Else I might have to say my eggs from last time are no good and have to buy more...and I wont have the money until Tuesday! :thud

A few of the fry have gone over to munch the algae though. one time I'm thankful for the crazy algae in my pond at the moment :rofl

I hope the lot of brine shrimp eggs I have in the hatchery now actually hatch this time! Else I might have to say my eggs from last time are no good and have to buy more...and I wont have the money until Tuesday! :thud

A few of the fry have gone over to munch the algae though. one time I'm thankful for the crazy algae in my pond at the moment :rofl

you could give them egg yoke hard boiled :)

:clapping:

I don't remember brine shrimp eggs being expensive . . . :idont  I do remember them being a pain in the :booty  :rofl3

The last box I had to pay about $50 for @_@

I will definitely go with egg yolk if my brine shrimp refuse to hatch!

So I shouldn't tell you the ones I got were about $6-7 for a vial.  I think I maybe used 2 vials . . . . :donthit:

:o

Wow :o The ones I got were the cheapest ones the store had too :o Thats insane.

ihUG6v4.jpg

TpQIins.jpg

GTziWBh.jpg

ewMD48w.jpg

Wow!  Great pics!  Love the speckles in the first photo :D  Everyone looks to be progressing well.

Well my brine shrimp eggs hatched this time! Yay! :D

Just need to get a t junction for my air pump so I can set up another hatchery...I was gonna use my two outlet pump from my other tank but it got fried in the explosion :(

Anyway here are some photos!

M7GBTqB.jpg

uWVwOdt.jpg

F2Oias1.jpg

j6L1LIX.jpg

q58AUuM.jpg

ILaQMP4.jpg

nt3pq7V.jpg

ccVAaPt.jpg

yLe9nxX.jpg

They are eating well :D Love their brine shrimp. I need to get them into a bigger tub ASAP but requires switching them with my guy who is in QT right now so will need to disinfect the tub before they can go in and find the fry or my QT guy somewhere to be in the mean time lol. On thursday I'm hoping to get another large tub so I can have them split into a couple groups early on and hope I see better growth this time around than last time.

e8iu0Bs.jpg

O1HJ00m.jpg

own7Fft.jpg

ihecsQJ.jpg

RX3tSIb.jpg

The feeshee shuffle!   :fishtank

ihUG6v4.jpg

TpQIins.jpg

GTziWBh.jpg

ewMD48w.jpg

Your photos are amazing! look at the big eyes :teehee

The closeups are fantastic!!! 

Thanks guys!

Here are some new pics. 8 Days old now.

I'm worried they are too skinny?! I don't know lol. They have algae in there to much on and get brine shrimp 2-3 times a day..the brine shrimp last a few hours. Should I be feeding more?

fX6zpHT.jpg

fi6heAl.jpg

KhJ9IRV.jpg

2nWnmta.jpg

IBIC9IB.jpg

xDtlRJH.jpg

Mw7QfWy.jpg

JJ7Ei0C.jpg

zsUtllX.jpg

I moved them all into a big tub so they have more room to swim. Next Pay I'll get another couple tubs so I can give them even more space. 

I also did a count when I moved them...there are 208! (I have lost 5 so far so there would have been 213)

Wow! 208! That's crazy! You are doing great :) A super fishy oper. I'm sure they will love the extra space in the tub. Hopefully someone will be along soon to answer your question about feeding. Seems like they are always hungry, right?!

Love the photos, so close up :thumbs:

Wow! 208! That's crazy! You are doing great :) A super fishy oper. I'm sure they will love the extra space in the tub. Hopefully someone will be along soon to answer your question about feeding. Seems like they are always hungry, right?!

Ugh... Au Pair!  By oper I meant Au Pair.   :teehee

Very cool to look at all of these pictures. They look great!

Thank you! Its so hard to get good photos! They are so quick :D I always manage to get some unhatched brine shrimp eggs into the tub when I feed them and they eat them too, is that ok?

Here are some more photos! 10 Days old!

qacS9mO.jpg

1RdlFS6.jpg

Of0x1j7.jpg

Uph9IcZ.jpg

gUBesFl.jpg

0ZwU3hG.jpg

vPt7aFr.jpg

ZA9ZYgi.jpg

zaf6UAk.jpg