Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
jetman73

Responses to posts

15 posts in this topic

Is there a way too find out if someone responded to your posts?  There are so many forums and subforums here one can get lost and if you're trying to help out a member it could be detrimental. 

Koko, if you remember this has always been a pet peeve in the past for myself. I'm just trying to help, but I hate the fact that someone might be looking for direction and I essentially blow them off because I didn't see the response. Maybe some type of notification if someone responded in that thread.

you can.

click your profile picture. on the right hand side, click 'edit my profile', when the screen changes, on the left hand column, click 'notification options'.. make your selection and hit the 'save button' at the bottom of the page.

also, each forum and sub-forum as well as every topic, at the top right hand of the screen, you will find a button which offers 'follow this forum' or 'follow this topic'. when you click the 'follow this ....' button, it will give you options on how you want to be notified :)

good luck :)

If you follow a thread you get notifications of people posting in it or at least can set the option to. The follow button is just above the reply button at the top of the page and you can manage your notification settings so that you can get the notifications either here or in email or both,  You can also ask to automatically follow any thread you reply to, here http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications :)

(Too Slow!)

Edited by FishyMandy

I just click on the new content button and surf from there :)

I just click on the new content button and surf from there :)

Thanks everyone for the help because my computer skills have never been my strong point.  Hopefully my updates will help.

And LOL at Arctic Mama.....that is my type of advice and probably what I should use. Appreciate that tip. :thumb:  

On the top menu bar next to my avatar pic is my name with a small (v) arrow i click that and then select "my content" it shows me a list of any threads ive posted in for the last few months.

On the top menu bar next to my avatar pic is my name with a small (v) arrow i click that and then select "my content" it shows me a list of any threads ive posted in for the last few months.

I don't see it, but I was given a notification to your post. Lots of luck with your fish room thread and I'll be following and maybe posting if I can offer some advice.  

12540039_10153367550715662_660711793_n.j

I appreciate the help but I can't even find that menu and have tried and failed to upload my avatar.  I'm not used to this type of messageboard  but I'll do my best too follow what I post. At least the notifications work, and that is all I need.

I'm a dinosaur when it comes to a board like this, but that is nothing new. I'll figure it out eventually.

No problem.

Trial and error you'll find what works for you. That's what i did.

I appreciate the help but I can't even find that menu and have tried and failed to upload my avatar.  I'm not used to this type of messageboard  but I'll do my best too follow what I post. At least the notifications work, and that is all I need.

I'm a dinosaur when it comes to a board like this, but that is nothing new. I'll figure it out eventually.

Hey Rob if you need a avatar I can help ya.... send it to kokosgoldfish@gmail.com... Its cause it can only be 50kb kinda small.... :)

Its just a new board to you hun... it just takes time... I use the View new content all the time and have it set up for emails and notifications when ppl reply to a thread :)

I can fix some of it for ya in the back if you like on the notifications :)

Oh Rob what are you using PC, Mac or IPad or Phone and then what browser?

I'm using a PC with Chrome. And thanks for the help, I'm not used to an invision board but I'll eventually figure it out. 

It took me a while to figure out many of these things too. I've been on here about a year now and am still finding features to this site I didn't realize where there before.  :teehee

I'm using a PC with Chrome. And thanks for the help, I'm not used to an invision board but I'll eventually figure it out. 

Okay thats the easier one to help with.....

Ill help ya with the Avatar just email it to me... :)

I also put some of your notifications on for you... you should see a red number now at the front of the forum at the top left side for notifications :) Also PM's :)