Kokos Goldfish Forum
jetman73

Where to buy online fish?

It seems like the top three merchants selling quality fancies are the Dandy Orandas auction, Rain garden, and East Coast Ranchus. Can anyone give some pros and cons dealing with these companies?

I'm looking too stock a 60 gallon with two fancies, at least one must be an Oranda and I'm open to the other fish even if it is another Oranda although I love Ranchus.

Some of my questions are do they sell younger fish?  Can you get two prospective fish for $125 shipped? Have you had any health concerns?

I believe ECR sells Orandas and some younger fish. 

There is also buygoldfishonline.com. They have pictured, larger stock and smaller stock, but usually with their smaller stock you don't get a spceific fish just one that looks similar to the photo. 

Edited by goldfishgirl82

ECR has some tiny calico orandas right now! Er, actually the last day to order was on Sunday, but try emailing her, maybe you can work something out. :D

She usually does have young ranchu as well. :nana

I think you could get two under your budget, though I am not sure. 

I bought my telescope ranchu from DO about a year and a half ago. Was a great experience, Betty is an awesome fish, though something of a blind, moody old lady. :teehee

Shipping is very expensive though - to NJ it cost me about $75 so that eats up a lot of what you want to spend (overnight shipping - but ECR does 2-day shipping if I'm not mistaken so you will save there).

Good luck! ain't nothing wrong with choosing one from your LFS either! :nana

There is also a seller named Jeff Hiller who I've bought from who has a nice variety of fish. I believe he has orandas. I've seen him selling young fish on ebay and aquabid, but he sells directly through his website as well: http://www.jeffhillerexoticgoldfish.com/

From what I've researched, the 3 you've named are the top or most reliable sellers based on feedback I've seen.

I'm more of a window shopper, but in addition to those sites, I've also been looking at !!! and Coast Gem USA.  !!! has a contest on their Facebook page to win a select fish right now so it might be worth checking out!  I believe the fish these sites sell are directly imported and if I got one I would do a super strict quarantine based on things I've read, but really nice fish nevertheless. 

I just recently joined Instagram and started following ECR.  I am really enjoying her posts and from what I understand of her business/operation am very impressed.  With that fact that these are home grown and she's close to me I am looking forward to buying from her in the future.

My current fish came from RIVER Garden Nursery in Va.  I picked them up at a show.  My fish have been very healthy and I am extremely happy with them.  He used to sell on his webpage but recently switched to a Facebook auction thing but he has suspended that until the New Year because of shipping delays that have been encountered with the holidays.  I would definitely buy from him again and look forward to his Facebook auctions going back live.

HTH.  I hope others will chime in with more sites because I love seeing what is out there.

Thanks for all of the tips, it was greatly appreciated.

Does anyone have an email contact for East Coast Ranchus? I don't use facebook or any other social media, just looking for an email address. 

Does anyone have an email contact for East Coast Ranchus? I don't use facebook or any other social media, just looking for an email address. 

She has all her contact information on her website. 

She has all her contact information on her website. 

Thanks again. It looks like I might have two little calico orandas coming my way soon. I just have too finalize everything.

Well I have two Calico Orandas coming my way from ECR in about three weeks.

As a way too thank the board and Koko I would like to donate one calico oranda to a board member. Since I only wanted two fish and ECR only ships either three or seven she agreed to add one to another members order. You would have to order from her current offer on the calico orandas to get the extra fish.

The first reply stating they are interested in this offer will get it. Merry Christmas and thanks to Koko for a great board.

Wow what a great offer guys... anyone looking for a calico Oranda I would take Jetman and ERC on this offer :thumbs:

Only two days left to take up this offer. I'd love to compare how they grow with another member if possible.

Just to be sure i understood correctly, this offer only stands for those already purchasing 2 fish from her, right?

Just to be sure i understood correctly, this offer only stands for those already purchasing 2 fish from her, right?

Or you order 2 now and get the third free :teehee

Right! Finished my sentence :teehee

Okay that's what i thought. :)

Here is some clarification from ECR. This is pasted directly from an email......sorry for any confusion but it's even a better deal.

"Hi guys :) Just to clarify: I have an ongoing promo that ends tomorrow midnight. When you buy 3 Juvenile Thai Calico Orandas at 1 inch it's $49.95 plus 1 extra juvenile. Jetman73 purchased the set but only wanted to keep 2. That means there are 2 that's that goes to whoever buys another set of 3+1 before the promo is over. Altogether that 6 Thai Calico Oranda juveniles for just $49.95.

After the 31st,

​the ​

+1 promo is no longer applicable. Whoever buys the set of 3 will get only 1 extra (the 3

​rd​

oranda that Jetman73 isn't keeping). The juvenile sets at 1 inch are available for sale until January 15. After this period, sets of 1 inch will no longer be sold because they will be getting bigger at which point I have to adjust pricing.

​"​
Edited by jetman73

I've ordered from aquariumfish.net and have never had any problems. I've ordered from them around 6 different times in a span of 5 years and have never had any problems. I've ordered from koi to panda orandas and they are still alive and thriving in the pond. The last 2 times I've ordered from them, they even added an extra panda oranda and black koi, so they definitely know how to treat repeated customers. Did i mention their customer service is A+ too? The fish are packed and shipped in a very timely and safe fashion (still have yet to have any casualties in transit).

I just purchased two large oranda's from coastgemusa and they arrived today. Both of them are BEAUTIFUL.

All of those places have great fish. In my experience Eastcoat Ranchu offers the healthiest fish of the vendors I've tried.