Kokos Goldfish Forum
LisaCGold

Time for Whale to Leave

It is with much sadness that I share with the Koko community that my oranda, Whale, will need to be euthanized. These last six+ months of trying to help him with his SB issues is not working and it is time to stop. I've gone through all the possible combinations of meds and other choices. Whale has gotten lots of care and unconditional love. I've done my best and I've learned from this situation.

I'll be euthanizing soon. In the meantime, I'm just spending a bit of time talking to him and giving him love.

I greatly appreciate this community for the information on how to try to treat SB issues and all the stories of those who have goldfish with similar problems. I've been tracking the stories and this has helped me to get where I'm at today with Whale.

Love you, my Whale!

Winning%20shot_zpsvwpzroyj.jpg

Aw Lisa Im sorry its come to this. He is a beautiful fish and youve done so much for him

I'm sorry! That is so hard :(. But part of why we euthanize is out of love and care for our pets. Sometimes it is the best and least cruel choice. That doesn't make it easier, though.

Oh! I'm sorry! :bighug I love Whale and his name very much! We know, as should you, that you did everything you could for him!

SIP beautiful Whale :goldfish:

I'm sorry :(:heart

Oh that is sad news! :( I'm so sorry   :hug

So sorry to hear this about Whale - I can tell he's a special fish, & the photo you took of him is amazing.

IM so sorry Lisa. You took GREAT care of Whale.

It is with much sadness that I share with the Koko community that my oranda, Whale, will need to be euthanized.

I'm so sorry Lisa.

Many of us feel forced by our own compassion to make this choice, rather than see our dear pet continue their suffering. Whale is a beautiful fish, and I know you did everything you could do for him.

That was a lovely tribute. sadhug.gif

Thank you, Everyone!

My Whale is now gone. :rip::bye2:  Thank goodness for Helen's video. :thumb:  That helped me with the process.

I sang to Whale while he feel asleep and then as he transitioned to elsewhere.

I'm sad, but I'm also happy to know that he is no longer in a painful body.  Hopefully now he can fly wherever he wants!

My poor Jack. He has lost his buddy. One day soon there will be another buddy.

Aw. So many of us have been there. It is so hard to watch a dear loved one transition. He is at peace now. 

Im so sorry hun... I know you tried so does he :hug

So sorry for your loss Lisa. It is never easy to make the decision.  :bighug

Oh I'm so sorry :hug:heart RIP Whale :heart

Im sorry. I know how hard it is to go through the process. Its sweet that you sung to him. I talked to mine as they fell asleep. Unfortunately Ive had to deal with that a few times this year and it never gets easier

Sometimes we have to do whats best for them even if it hurts us.  RIP little one.

I'm sorry. Sounds like he went peacefully. How was a beautiful fish xx

:bighug bigs hugs to you :heart

I'm sor.ry. He was a beautiful fish and I can tell he was deeply cared for. :hug

It brings tears to my eyes that you sang him to sleep.  What a hard choice, but obviously full of compassion.

I'm so sorry Lisa.  You really did all you could for him.  RIP Whale.  :heart

:hug

Aw I'm so sorry. :( It shows how much you love and care for him that you'll do what's best for him even to the end.  

I'm very sorry to hear about Whale, but I'm glad that he isn't suffering anymore. I hope you are feeling OK.

I'm doing quite well. I love my Whale, and I'm practical when it comes to this type of thing (not that I do it all the time!). My husband wanted to know if we should euthanize Whale together so that he could support me. It was sweet for him to offer this, but I was okay in doing it alone.

Time to do a good cleaning in the tank and talk to Jack, the remaining oranda.

I've been searching around for another oranda. I'm hoping to get another male orange oranda. I'm thinking that will somehow soothe Jack, although that will be a while since a QT would be in order.