Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
yogosans14

My ranchu DISATER!

I ordered a ranchu from ECR idk if you have heard of her but her name is Cynthia and she breeds ranchus in the US. I payed for the fish or totaled 116$ plus over night shipping. I opened the package today and guess what, there was a bunch of Oranda fry instead of my ranchu! I was so furious I called her and told her she sent me the wrong package and mine is going to some guy in Kentucky who was supposed to get my package. I won't get the fish apparently till Thursday but it'll be in a bag full of it's own waste for 3 days now. To make the icing on top of the cake all she offered me was a 25% discount on my next ranchu.

That really irked me, why would I buy from her again?and a poor fish is suffering in a small bag of its own waste and that all I get? I am disgusted, I will only be buying from Dandy Orandas from now on. I wouldn't be surprised if my poor ranchu arrives DOA, if it ever comes. We still have the fry and she said the fed ex guy was supposed to pick them up but no guy showed.

I am so so disappointed and that's 116$ down the drain. Rant over.

I'm sorry it's lost, i recently dealt with shipping delays with another member here.

I've not done any business with ECR but from what I've heard Cynthia is very passionate and professional in her work.

Mistakes happen. She is human. We all are.

Fingers crossed this fish makes it in good shape. :)

I'm sorry it's lost, i recently dealt with shipping delays with another member here.

I've not done any business with ECR but from what I've heard Cynthia is very passionate and professional in her work.

Mistakes happen. She is human. We all are.

Fingers crossed this fish makes it in good shape. :)

Mistakes do happen, but she tried to blame it on Fedex, while they confirmed she put the label on the wrong package. I am in no shape or form attacking her as a person. I am just disappointed in how this has been dealt with. I imagined if Solid Gold recommended her I should give her a try but I won't ever again. Total nightmare.

What are you expecting exactly? "The fish is suffering and all I get is..." Hope venting makes you feel better but it's not going to help the fish.

What are you expecting exactly? "The fish is suffering and all I get is..." Hope venting makes you feel better but it's not going to help the fish.

It doesn't help the fish, it does help relieve my anger and frustration.

She uses special bags and fasts her fish before she ships them. The bags are filled with water and the bags are special oxygen bags. The fish should be fine. Mistakes happen, we are only human. Don't go trashing her name because of a mistake, she is working on fixing it and gave you 25% off on the next ranchu you order. I think that is plenty fair. If the fish happens to die during transit she will more than likely give you a full refund, she will not rip you off, she is not that kind of person. Like Jenna said, she is very passionate about her fish.

Also, I don't know if she does it still but she puts a preventative medication in with the fish in the specialized bags. They are fasted before shipped so that there is minimal waste as they travel.

I'm really sorry this all happened but many people have done business with Cynthia including myself. She is very passionate and cares about these fish as if they were her own (she did raise the tykes). This whole situation is frustrating for all parties. We're all human and I understand venting your frustration but I think Cynthia is being fair.

I hope you fish is healthy and not too stressed upon arrival.

Good luck :hug

Also, I don't know if she does it still but she puts a preventative medication in with the fish in the specialized bags. They are fasted before shipped so that there is minimal waste as they travel.

I'm really sorry this all happened but many people have done business with Cynthia including myself. She is very passionate and cares about these fish as if they were her own (she did raise the tykes). This whole situation is frustrating for all parties. We're all human and I understand venting your frustration but I think Cynthia is being fair.

I hope you fish is healthy and not too stressed upon arrival.

Good luck :hug

What scares me is that the fish might get to cold

You're not the first person dissatisfied with her customer service. I'm sorry you don't think she did enough to rectify it. If she covering the shopping for you and the other individual to send bags to one another and trade fish, at least?

That's what I was wondering as well....Is she covering the RE-shipping to get the orders rectified? I would be concerned as well...both fish orders have ended up in their respective bags TOO LONG.  Hopefully the switch will go well & all the fish will be healthy. Otherwse Cynthia will have to go further.

Guys lets please not go guess on what is going on... People are human we all make mistakes. :thumbup2:

Thanks to Koko and the rest of the team for the opportunity to address this issue.

Due to a recent leg surgery I'm unable to drive to FedEx. I had asked a family member to drop off packages on Monday night. When he got home, he gave me the receipt with the tracking numbers of the packages. I emailed all the customers their tracking information by midnight.

I received an outbound status email from FedEx yesterday morning. These emails tell me the progress of each package shipped out the night before. I noticed extra tracking information I did not recognize and I immediately called FedEx to find out if there was anything wrong. They said they had trouble scanning the labels, pulled the labels out of the sleeve and then generated new numbers. This is where the labels where inadvertently put on the wrong box. Keep in mind that I was not at the FedEx station while this happened. 

Around noon yesterday, the customer called to let me know that he received the wrong package. Instead of the red ranchu priced at $49.95, he received 25 (1 Inch sized) juvenile Thai Orandas which was meant for another customer located in Kentucky. I apologized multiple times and told him I will make it right. I told him that I'll call FedEx to reroute the correct package to him, that I'll have FedEx come to his house to pick up the package he received and that a new shipping label will be prepared. After we hung up, I called FedEx to get all this sorted out. This was close to 45 minutes on the phone talking to half a dozen agents trying to find out what happened, and what needs to be done to correct it. 

I called the customer again to let him know his package was already in a container at the airport in Indianapolis and the transit cannot be interrupted. Once the box arrives in Kentucky (Wednesday Dec. 9) they will reroute it to North Carolina and will arrive Thursday morning. There was nothing I can do to expedite this. I gain APOLOGIZED for the inconvenience - I told him rest assured the fish will get there in good condition - I take great care in packaging. I offered to give him 25% off on any future transactions. On an email I sent to him I also told him if the ranchu does not survive the long distance round trip I will give him a FULL REFUND.

By nightfall, FedEx has yet to pick up the package of Thai Orandas from the customer's house. I called FedEx again to find out what happened. They said that the agent had scheduled a GROUND shipping pickup but did not have available drivers to get the package until the next day. I told the agent I originally shipped both packages EXPRESS, not Ground and they corrected this in the system. I had the customer on one line and the FedEx Customer Service on the other line. The customer can hear my desperation, can hear the agent's instructions. I told the customer to have the package ready Wednesday - FedEx will stop by to pick up before 2pm.

In the meantime I have emailed the Kentucky customer to let him know the status of his shipment. He called and was very mature and understanding about the situation. I gave him my word no matter what happens I will make it right. It was a good exchange, just 2 adults who understand that mistakes can happen and the gravity of the mistake is not equivalent to ABUSE.

I understand that the OP is unhappy with his first ECR transaction. Unfortunately there's only so much I can do and so many sorry's I can say. At around 1pm, I processed a FULL REFUND of $116.65 back to his credit card even though FedEx has already charged my account $63.25 for the shipping. I also called FedEx to reroute the package back to me. They called at 2:34pm to confirm the "Return to Sender instruction". I asked them to open the box to see if the fish is ok. They opened the box and found a very wiggly fat ranchu begging to be fed. They have now resealed the box and its on its way back to New Jersey.

The package bound for the guy in Kentucky has been picked up and is now in transit to the right destination. 

I know I owe a lot to the goldfish community for the support I've been given the past 4 years of raising and selling goldfish. I'm not perfect. But I am human. Defamatory remarks to ruin the name that I have built is unfair when you only hear 1 side of the story. This is the first time I have defended the East Coast Ranchu name on a forum. $49.95 is not worth that name -- some of you who know me well know that I give away a lot of free fish, $ for your ailing pets, my time and my knowledge. This is a hobby that I love. These are fish that I care about deeply. If errors occur -- I will bend over backwards to make it right. But if after all the effort I have put in, a customer compromises my INTEGRITY and shows no compassion, patience and strength of character to keep a ranchu that I have invested so much time, $ and resources on then I have to draw the line and protect my name and the ranchu that deserves a better home.

Thank you to Jenzaar, Mernany, Mikey, and Diesel Power for your fair assessment. To everyone else who needs further clarification, I can be reached at eastcoastranchu on gmail.

Cynthia, a customer leaving a review about a transaction isn't defamation. He is allowed to voice his side just as you are. Thank you for your hard work in fixing this error and I hope you heal well :flowers

Actually is it defamation, in the form of lible. People can be held liable for damages in court for such a thing. If I need to I can post laws etc buy I don't think it's really necessary.

Thank you for posting Cynthia. Seems like a crazy case of pure human moments. I do hope that everything works out in the end for all parties. And heal up fast love :hug

Cocoa and Ginger say hello to their original mommy :hug :hug

Actually, we just have a very young customer with little experience in what it take to straighten out other peoples' mistakes and a little lack of communication.  

Cynthia, best wishes on your recovery.  Leg surgery can take a long time to heal.  I think most people here understood they were reading an emotional response to a frightening situation.  Thank you for explaining.  I think it a very good idea to give your side of the story on an open forum anytime someone complains.

I appreciate yogasans14 for starting this thread and sharing her experience. And I appreciate eastcoastranch for responding.

What I appreciate about this community forum is that both the buyer and seller get the opportunity to present their sides. That way if someone who is interested in buying a fish from the seller comes across this thread they get to read both perspectives before deciding.

Actually is it defamation, in the form of lible. People can be held liable for damages in court for such a thing. If I need to I can post laws etc buy I don't think it's really necessary.

Unless he is misrepresenting the transaction it isn't defamatory. I'm a small business owner and provided the customer isn't leaving false information about the interaction I cannot sue for losses.

I also own a business and have a degree in criminal Justice which required me to take several law classes. It is clear the OP said that the seller lied about who screwed up the shipping labels. That is a misrepresentation. Now of course the seller would have to be able to prove damages to recover anything and that wouldn't be easy.

Guys guys.... Come on now....

Let this go... They both said there sides... its over and Im very sorry that this happened but its just an error and we are human...

I would like to say this thread is done and closed.... Thank you Very much Cynthia for posting and explaining this. It truely does show how much you care about your fish that you sell ....

Thanks everyone.