Sign in to follow this  
Shahbazin

RIP Chick Chick

11 posts in this topic

Today we had the sad discovery that our 8 year old Mille Fleur bantam hen, Chick Chick, had passed away in the night. She had congenital early onset cataracts, so had been functionally blind most of her life, but she got around just fine & seemed a happy little bird. We got her as a started chick when my kids were just 1 & 2 years old - here is one of them holding her a long time ago: Anniespringchkn5710.jpg

Awe! What a pretty hen (and kiddo!). I'm sorry she passed :(

Sorry for your loss. RIP Chick Chick.

Great picture. Sorry for your lose.

:( I'm very sorry :hug

So sorry. Chik chik had a great life with you. Most people wouldn't care much for a blind hen.

In so sorry for your loss :hug:heart

Sorry to hear about your loss.  At least you have a sweet photo to remember her by.

My daughter's homeschool purchased several baby chicks as part of their 4H project, and some of the students are taking them home. I wish our neighborhood was zoned for chickens. My daughter would really love one for a pet, too.

Thanks for the posts everyone - we have a number of "geriatric girls" in our flock of hens, but Chick Chick was extra special & got extra treats & handling due to her disability - & she was looking just fine the day before, so we weren't expecting her to go yet.