Kokos Goldfish Forum
begemi

Help needed! Somethings wrong with Gogo

* Test Results for the Following:

* * Ammonia Level(Tank) 0

* * Nitrite Level(Tank) 0

* * Nitrate level(Tank) 0

* * Ammonia Level(Tap)N/A (used the last drops to check ammonia in tank and Api kit is due to arrive next week)

* * Nitrite Level(Tap)0

* * Nitrate level(Tap) 0

* * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) pH 7.5, Kh 143, Gh,125

* * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) ph 7, Kh 89, Gh 71

* Other Required Info:

* * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? Drop test by brand: Jbl (pH, kh, gh), Sera (Nh3/Nh4), Prodac (NO2)

* * Water temperature? 20C(~68F)

* * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 80l(~20gal), for 1.5 years.

* * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Hailea H12, Aquaclear 30

* * How often do you change the water and how much? Twice a week. 90% on Monday and 50% on Saturday. But it varied sometimes I do 80% at each WC.

* * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Today. I did 90% WC

* * How many fish in the tank and their size? 2. About 20cm from mouth to tip of tail.

* * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Seachem Prime and Seachem Alkaline Buffer

* * What do you feed your fish and how often? New Era Goldfish Soft Pellets/Hikari (the violet package. I feed that less often because I read here and there it may cause swim bladder issues)/New Life spectrum Goldfish pellets/Peas - In the morning on a rotation principal so they would have diferent meal every day. In the evening I always feed Repashy soilent green.

* * Any new fish added to the tank? No

* * Any medications added to the tank? No

* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Gogo had some fungus on his fin 3 weeks ago so I used Tetra Gldfish Goldmed. He can't have salt dips (passes out the moment I put him in the water). The med eliminates any fungus in 24hrs.

* * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? No. Just his right eye that looks bigger, sort of bloated. I'll post pics below. I took him out in a bucket 'cause I saw him chasing Rory again and notices his eye was kind of swolen.

* * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Apart from his serious libido problems so far he's been acting normal.

Any ideas what could be causing this eye problem?And most importantly how and should I treat him?

image_zps4uvbhr5x.jpeg

image_zpsmp9txyz4.jpeg

image_zps1u5hcbht.jpeg

Thanks in advance for reading this and for your help!

Hope Gogo feels better.

I don't see anything wrong with the eye :idont some just grow at different rates and have two different sized eyes. My butterfly telescope has two different sized eyes. Mods will be by soon.

The blood streaming conerns me slightly, but let's see what the mods will say.

I don't see anything wrong with the eye :idont some just grow at different rates and have two different sized eyes. My butterfly telescope has two different sized eyes. Mods will be by soon.

Mikey, your post got me thinking may be I didn't notice this before and his eyes might be disproportional. Trying to find some old pics to confirm. I suspect the blood streems are from the close up and the high resolution I always forget to turn off. I'll try not freek out while I wait for mods. Your comment helped me in keeping it together. Thanks!

Hope Gogo feels better.

Thank you, Dawn!

I agree one eye may just be bigger than the other. Short of any other symptoms, I don't think this is something to worry about. A picture of the eye from side would also help. Put your fish in a small glass container and take shot from there.

Mikey, what do you mean by "blood streaming?"

I'm sorry, I meant streaking. :peeka

It seems like a lot of telescopes have a large vessel or two like that on their eye(s) . . . . :idont

It seems like a lot of telescopes have a large vessel or two like that on their eye(s) . . . . :idont

oh, I was talking about the tail and pectoral fins.

oh, I was talking about the tail and pectoral fins.

I see what your saying? I would keep and eye out and see if it gets worse... best thing to do is good water changes ... keep the tank in good condition :)

Thank you guys! What Mikey said and Fantailfan1 and I thought he was talking about his eyes is normal. He's had those streaks ever since I got him. I found a video that shows Gogo and Rory 6 months ago and his eye has definately grown. Strange thing I had't noticed...

Gogo is the bigger tele.

Such cuties!

Such cuties!

Thanks!

Here is a side view of his may be problematic eye:

image_zps2d6fwtne.jpeg

image_zpsseahsqsc.jpeg

I didn't have the time to post them yesterday. And sorry the pics are a bit smudged. He wouldn't stand still. Not much of a photo model I guess.

Do you guys see something wrong with his eye or should I just chill?

I see the size difference but that isn't unusual in teles. Without over symptoms I'd just chill. That's me, though :)