Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
pinoygoldfish

New tank set up

14 posts in this topic

Hi goldfish lovers. I have a 75 gal tank coming this sunday. I will be using a canister filter suited for the tank. I have a few pounds of ceramic rings that i have been seeding for over two months now. My question is, how soon can i add goldfishes into this tank?

Congrats on your new tank!!!!!

You can add fish as soon as your ammonia and nitrite are down to 0ppm, within 24 hours of some source of ammonia going into the tank. Does that make sense?

How have you been cycling it?

You can add fish as soon as your ammonia and nitrite are down to 0ppm, within 24 hours of some source of ammonia going into the tank. Does that make sense?

Thank you. I was thinking that i can immediately add fish since filter media will all be matured and rich with beneficial bacteria. The ceramic rings that i will be using will be coming from an existing filter.

Thank you. I was thinking that i can immediately add fish since filter media will all be matured and rich with beneficial bacteria. The ceramic rings that i will be using will be coming from an existing filter.

Oh! I thought you were starting brand new.

So the canister (or the filter media you plan to use for the 75) was running on an already stocked/cycled tank? If so, you should be ready to go! :nana

I would still test the water before adding fish... even a used filter can cause alittle bit of a cycle bump :)

Congrats on the new tank! :) And yes, you'll be able to stock much more quickly using cycled media - but as has been mentioned, it won't be custom fitted yet to whatever you put in the tank, so you'll want to monitor things closer for a while.

Thank you so much everyone!

Hi goldfish lovers. I have a 75 gal tank coming this sunday. I will be using a canister filter suited for the tank. I have a few pounds of ceramic rings that i have been seeding for over two months now. My question is, how soon can i add goldfishes into this tank?

Hi PinoyGoldfish!!! welcome to Koko's!!!! And congrats on the new tank!!! I agree with the opinion/advice of the others.. test water parameters.. :)

Edited by Fastlane

Hi PinoyGoldfish!!! welcome to Koko's!!!! And congrats on the new tank!!! I agree with the opinion/advice of the others.. test water parameters.. :)

Thank you fastlane. And yes i will be monitoring water params!

Congrats on the new tank :D Look forward to seeing it set up!

Thank you fastlane. And yes i will be monitoring water params!

Take some pictures of your tank.. ;)

We. Need. Pics! :please

Hello and Congratulations on your new tank!!

Are these goldfish new or ones you currently have? If new, you'll want to check out the quarantining procedure we recommend. See links below my signature.