Kokos Goldfish Forum

I've been looking up different filter media that would help me mantain good water quality and help sort out a problem I've been having lately with ammonia levels in my tropical tank. I read some reviews that spoke highly of lava filter media. It's supposed to keep water cristal clear and remove smells. It may as well be a decent substitute for carbon ( for regular use, not after medicating) So I bought these two:

image_zps4oh4v2sz.jpeg

Have you guys tried them? Any impressions to share?

Edited by begemi

I haven't, but I'd be interested in knowing if the filterlav works. It sounds pretty cool!

I can't say I've ever bothered with chemical filtration. Do you know what's been causing the ammonia?

I can't say I've ever bothered with chemical filtration. Do you know what's been causing the ammonia?

It says on the box it provides biological and mechanical filtration. The ammoex I still haven't read the instructions of but folks on the tropical forum say it almost does miracles. The ammonia is usually 0,5 when I check before WC. I think I'm a bit overstocked and will upgrate after New year's. Till then I'm doing more frequent water changes and will see how the ammoex works. Probably will add another filter.

I haven't, but I'd be interested in knowing if the filterlav works. It sounds pretty cool!

I'll let you know! So far it has been in the filter for less than a day and can't say if it does the job or not.