Kokos Goldfish Forum
Kate89

THREE new babies from Star Fisheries!

First of all, let me tell you that I didn't intend to bring home three...  :oops:   :peeka 

Before we got there we'd decided we wanted a male calico oranda to breed with Matcha next Spring and/or a female ranchu for Crumpet. I saw a lovely little kirin ranchu, and since I've wanted a kirin for a long time that was an easy decision, from her shape I think that she's a female and the guy agreed but I guess only time will tell for sure.

There were a lot of orandas, which made decisions difficult, but I specifically wanted a young calico male so that narrowed the search down to one tank of small calico orandas. Tbh none of them were perfect, or maybe I'm just fussy, but I ended up deciding on one that I'm almost completely sure is male as he has little stars on his pectorals, he's got lovely colours and lots of blue on his body, but tbh I don't think his body shape is as nice as Matchas, I like them more compact and he's longer, and he has quite a wen already so I can see that getting huuuuge. And he has a small kink in one of his tail fins which the guy knocked some money off for, but again that's probably just me being fussy as Baz couldn't even notice it. But he does have a button eye and the cutest chubby cheeks which swung it for me :wub:

So that was it... I had my two fish... but there was a tank that caught my eye, huge black moors with the most beautiful tails, I'd never seen moors like them. They were broadtails which I haven't seen before. So to cut a long story short I got a tiny baby broadtail moor as well. So that's my new tank pretty much completely stocked before its even arrived!!

Here's a video of them in qt this morning. The chu was sulking a bit yesterday but she has perked up a lot today, she just seems quite bloated to me on one side and hasn't done a poo yet, so its peas for everyone until I see some poos! I'm debating whether to get a bigger qt tub or not, they'll be having an extra long qt as the new tank will only be here end of December or beginning of January. For now I'll just let them settle in, better pics and videos to follow!

Oh and I'll make sure to make a thread on my visit to Star Fisheries, I took lots of photos and videos   :photo:

oh, I love your ranchu! the other two are also very cute...but I envy you for your ranchu

So cute hun :)

Lovely!  I really like the calicos of course, and what a beautiful tail on the moor!

Nice fishy haul :D

Awww look at the cute little babies! I like the black one the best.

They are beautiful!! Great choices :D

Adorable, all of them!  They'll probably be ready for the main tank in time for the holidays, which should be tons of fun.  :)santa

Very very cute and lovely fish!

And yes - get on that thread immideatly!

Thankyou! And will do! :D

oh, I love your ranchu! the other two are also very cute...but I envy you for your ranchu

I saw that kirin and I was like, bag that one up please! 'She' has been chasing the oranda in qt today though, so I have a feeling I've got the sexes all wrong  :doh11:

So cute hun :)

Thanks Koko :D

Lovely!  I really like the calicos of course, and what a beautiful tail on the moor!

Thanks :) I can't wait to see him grow, the giant ones were stunning 

Nice fishy haul  :D

:newfish  :newfish  :newfish   :panana

Awww look at the cute little babies! I like the black one the best.

Roger the moor says thank you!  :lol

They are beautiful!! Great choices  :D

Thanks, it was so difficult picking from all the lovely fish there

Adorable, all of them!  They'll probably be ready for the main tank in time for the holidays, which should be tons of fun.   :)santa

That's if the new tank is here before Christmas! I've got my fingers crossed  :please

Oh, they're so cute! I was so upset I couldn't go, but I'm happy someone else went and will post photos for us all! 

Congratulations on the chubby babies <3

:wub: Excited to see moore photos! :teehee  :doh11:  :lol2

Congratulations on your beautiful Goldfish!!!!!

Wowzers! :heart

They are stunning! What stunning fishies! :wub:

:Congrats:

Lovely fish, & I can see why you couldn't resist the Moor - quite a neat looking little critter!

Such cuties! What a great holiday present for yourself!

They're beautiful! That tail on the black one is divine! Congratulations :)

Thanks guys! :D I'm so pleased with them  :happydance

Just had a really long day so will post more pics of them tomorrow, and I'll do the Star Fisheries thread too :)

:wub: Excited to see moore photos! :teehee  :doh11:  :lol2

Lmao you crack me up :lol

I found the broadtail moor dead this morning, no idea why, was active and eating well last night :(

So sorry to hear that.

So sorry to hear that.

Thanks Sharon. Fingers crossed the oranda and ranchu will be ok.

Aw no I'm so sorry!

The calico oranda isn't looking too good now, I'm not having much luck with this lot :(