Hidr

The new nano reef

47 posts in this topic

I stood in front of this begging it not to turn into a green mess.  Do you thing that well help?  29 gallons corelife bio-cube. Will move the fish in a couple days just need to get the water temps to match. Before I move the other rocks and corals need to do a peroxide dip to kill off green mess.

IMG_0291_zpsnhz1dfou.jpg

IMG_0293_zpso8lfiyqv.jpg

Hubby was not even mad. He said he knew this was coming.  LOL

• Upvote 8

Way to go, both you AND hubby. 

I suspect that everybody in the water likes the green mess, just not us humans, heh.

A UV light can help, but for me it was just a temporary crutch, and now I go without.

When I had a tank I put up a dark stick-on background and let the diatoms grow wild on that side, you couldn't see them. I kept the other 3 glass sides as clean as possible.

Edited by mysterygirl

The back is black on this type tank cause the filter is the back area of the tank.  

So I now have everything from the 14 in the 29. Might should of waited but I added to much peroxide to the 14 and corals were not looking to good. Some were slimy and I know that is not good. So clean up the rock the best I could and moved it.

I also had some floss in the back of the 14 gallon that was due to change out Monday with water change. Hopefully it has some stuff in it to help jump the cycle.

New pictures in a couple days when the water clears.

• Upvote 1

Nice hun... Looks like the old Nano I had :thumbs:

IMG_0295_zpslcm9i3qr.jpg

IMG_0294_zpsb8abbjyf.jpg

Ooh I can't wait to see the progress!! So exciting!

With my track record it is just going to be a bigger tank full of fuzzy green stuff. lol

Oh I want a nano

It's going to be awesome, it already looks spiffy!!

I have new lights on order and I am planning on a guppy hang on tank breeder for a .5 gallon referendum.

Got out the SLR and tried to take some pictures.  Need to make some adjustments cause it is not showing the colors very well.

IMG_0318_zpsxkyxem0x.jpg

IMG_0314_zpsewugqhk9.jpg

IMG_0312_zpsdnfel94n.jpg

IMG_0306_zpsaqt9ng8p.jpg

Corals are so not happy.  But they well be ok.  

• Upvote 1

Love it, Angie. :)

Is there anything else in there besides the clowns and coral?

Oh look at him, looks like a wittle porchy pine

(Pic 2)

Edited by Speckles

Just a very unhappy coral.

IMG_0010_zpsoml9heb5.jpgSame coral that is in the 3rd picture only managed to gets it pretty green color this time.

Edited by Hidr
  • Upvote 1

I moved the corals that were not doing to well back to the 14 doing great now along with all the hair algae.  Once I get the 30 doing right Ill clean them up and move them again.

The fish and coral left in the 30 are doing ok.  Think the tank is too clean from being 10 days old.  So added some reef supplement this morning. 

Picture from yesterday.  See my nice pretty diatoms growing on the gravel and rock.  Grrrrr Wish I knew how to get it off the sand without taking sand out.

IMG_0077_zps79me9wrz.jpg

Made some adjustments to the new light.  Moved corals back to the 29 they are all doing much better.  Ill see about a couple pictures today.  Wish I could figure this SLR out so I get better pictures.  Oh well.  Ill use the point and shot.

Color not popping right now have to wait on night time lights for that. IMG_0583_zpsjb0aqjqw.jpg

IMG_0602_zps0fizjbwm.jpg

IMG_0600_zps0onixmkn.jpg

IMG_0597_zpsbmfiyzvn.jpg

IMG_0595_zpstbxn4sqp.jpg

IMG_0594_zps0fssb2vj.jpg

IMG_0593_zpsl5wj952f.jpg

IMG_0588_zpseqql9oiu.jpg

• Upvote 1

I like them too and so far they are not mean to each other so a good pair.  My next and last fish is going to be a flame hawkfish. This is one on youtube. Not my video or my fish but this is what they all look like have to let my tank age before I can add it.  Maybe 6 months or longer.

Or maybe not. These guys are mean. lol Edited by Hidr
  • Upvote 1