Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Fish Of Gold

10 posts in this topic

I want to redo my avatar profile picture and it says it is too big, so I was going to resize it on Photobucket like I did for my signature photos. Mikey helped me with the size numbers for the signature photos, but what is the max size numbers for avatar photos in length and height so I can resize it?

I think it only allows up to a 20kb size limit for avatars, then the forum does the rest of the resizing. (Avatars are 200pixels I believe)

Just open the image you want into "Paint" and resize it there to like 300 pixels or something. Then save the resized photo and upload as your avatar.  No need to put it into photobucket for your avatar. 

I guess I don't understand. :idont  I'm pretty much computer illiterate, I don't know how to open a picture to "paint" and change pixels. I resized my pictures for my signature on Photobucket according to length and height, then saved them to my computer in my picture folders then was able to upload to Koko's. How does one change pixels? :help:

I'm very sorry, but it is either the depression and lack of not eating enough that has me confused and frustrated. :no:

Photobucket is the same amount of steps, you still have to upload the image to photobucket and resize it on there.  So yeah you can upload your photo there, then edit the image and pick the pixels you want to resize it too, then use the direct link from that image and upload as your avatar. 

Do you have a windows computer? PC (not a Mac - cant help you there.)

Open the start menu, go to programs > Accessories (windows accessories > Paint
Open the image you want into paint.  Near the top left theres "Resize" you click that and a little window pops up.  Theres a few options on this little window.  Click "pixels" then in the top 2 boxes, enter the number 200 into where the smaller of the 2 number is.  The other box will automatically adjust.  Click "okay". this will resize your image.  Then File save!

paint.png

Actually just use a site like this.

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

Upload your image, keep it at 200, then click resize.
Find  the image that looks the best of the 3 options provided (if your initial image wasn't square)
Then right click on that image and select the option "Save Image as" and save it wherever you want as whatever you want.

Then come back onto Kokos and go to edit your avatar and click the "browse" option and find the image you just saved..

Amy, feel free to PM me the photo you want (just upload the full size image to Photobucket) and I'll resize it for you. :)

Or send it to me.... :)

Thank you all for your help! I'll keep all the info for future use, it will come in so handy! Ok I'll send it to Koko or Dan....So how do I send it to your PM? Send it from Photobucket, where it is now? If so what one do I use, image, or direct link or....?

Thank you all for your help! I'll keep all the info for future use, it will come in so handy! Ok I'll send it to Koko or Dan....So how do I send it to your PM? Send it from Photobucket, where it is now? If so what one do I use, image, or direct link or....?

You have it uploaded to photobucket... if so give me the link and Ill work with it... If on your Computer you can email it to kokosgoldfish@gmail.com :)

Putting an image into a PM is exactly the same as posting it in a thread. :)