Kokos Goldfish Forum
ChrissieA

Hello from the Netherlands :)

Hi there,

My name is Chrissie and I've recently moved from Sydney Australia to the Netherlands. My boyfriend is Dutch so I made the big move. His family gave me 2 goldfish not long after I arrived... And so the journey began... Lol. I had a single goldfish in the past, but now we have 3 in a 200L tank. When they delivered the fish to me, they were only in a 15L tall rectangular tank. I knew that was too small (probably about all I knew) so we found the 200L tank on a Dutch eBay equivalent.

My boyfriend never really wanted fish, and I spend a lot of time convincing him that certain things are necessary lol but he's always supportive :) even after the tank... And the gravel and plants... And and all the other set up and equipment... And the medication which was wrong.. (I'm now being advised by the lovely D&D moderators) the list goes on and on which I'm sure you're all well aware of!

So far I've done a lot wrong and we went from 2 fish, to 3 fish, to 2 fish and then down to one fish. We're back up to 3 now! I'm hoping with all your wonderful advice that we can keep it that way for a long time to come!

I'm so impressed with some of your fish, they're just gorgeous. Here are my little fishes and tank.

image.jpg1_zpsxyugxxt8.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsgygnhcnz.jpg

That's Frankenstein, named because my boyfriend thinks he looks like he's rotting.... Lol. He hated shubunkins but I wanted one and given it's *my* tank (by way of time invested) I just got him and let my bf name the fish hoping to create some love between them. It hasn't really worked lol but I call the fish Frank.

image.jpg5_zpstwwuuvlc.jpg

This is Dudits. He's by far the largest in the tank. My bf got really excited about him at the pet shop so home he came. Dudits is named after a character in a movie, the dream catcher I believe.

image.jpg6_zpspmcw7ql2.jpg

And finally Fiona. she's sized somewhere between Frank and Dudits.

It was halarious when I first added Dudits and Fiona. Frank had been alone for a few weeks, and I guess wasn't used to other fish in his space, particularly ones that were so much bigger than he is. They would play, and Frank would swim along happily behind, but whenever the other two spun around and swam towards him he'd dart away and hide for a few minutes. As long as they weren't coming at him he was fine, but the second they turned he was outta there. That settled by the second day. They're all very social and happy now.

And so that's it, sorry about the ramble, it's just nice to meet other fishie people... My bf's family think I'm strange lol.

Nice to meet you all :)

Welcome

Welcome to Kokos Chrissie!!!!

:teehee I enjoyed your story :hi I too moved far for my bf (now hubby). But I didn't switch countries. That was very brave of you.

Your fish are cute. I love frank :heart

Oh and :welcome:

Heh, Frank. I know he'll win him over eventually. Welcome to Kokos!  :hi

Welcome!

Dudits is my favorite of yours. :teehee but they are all very pretty.

:hi  welcome! Your fish are so cute.

Welcome!

Welcome to Koko's! I enjoyed reading your story. Your fish are beautiful. 

Thank you everyone! I love Frank too although he's a bit blurry in the pic. :)

Welcome to KoKo's!! :D

Hi! Welcome to Kokos! I love your tank, the shape of it is beautiful, and love your fish too!

:hi

and

:welcome

Thank you everyone! Looking forward to getting to know you and your fish :)