Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  

I received 4 fish via mail.  2 telescope and 2 orandas.  Orandas are approximately 1 in and the telescopes are approximately 1/2 inch in size.  i am doing a fish in cycling of the tank.  Not an ideal situation as I have read!  They have been in the tank for 4 days now.  I am using Prime and added the API Quick Start also.  My water parameters are PH 8.0, Ammonia today 1.0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 0.  I This is the highest my ammonia has gotten.  I did a 75% water change after adding the Prime.  Now the Ammonia is down to .25% others are the same.  This afternoon one of my Orandas died.  It had been stressed since its arrival.  But my major question is are they too young to treat with Prazi?  I noticed that they spitting food and i was worried about parasites.  I am feeding Repashy Soilent Green. Thanks for your input. 

No, you can treat tiny young fry with prazi.  

How big is your tank?  You need to be changing water every day, perhaps 50% a day.  The higher your pH, the more toxic the ammonia.  With such small fish, you should be able to keep the ammonia to no more than 0.25 ppm.

Feed very lightly.  Ammonia comes from fish food.