Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
begemi

Fry and flukes question

Hi!

I'm in doubt wether this is the right place to post this so I appologize in advance if I've messed up.

I got my pack of Warmer Plus ( flukes medicine - Flubendazole) I order for my fry as I read somewhere in this formum than fry should be treated ar least twice as soon as they are 2 -weeks old to prevent them from getting flukes.( By the way, I'm still trying to find that post/article and will be very thankful if anyone could direct me with a link)

It says in the instructions that 0,5ml should be used on 30 UK gallons of water (its a medicine I buy from UK since Prazi is not available in Europe) and overdozing can kill the fish. My fry are still so tiny that I'm afraid to get the dosage wrong and terminate them all. Would it be ok if I just add some salt instead and do WC every day and not every other day as I do now till they get older, say a month or two old? The fry are currently in a plastic container that holds 6l ( ~ 1.5 gal) that I have filled with 4l of water.May be its just me, absolutely sucking at maths but I don't see a way to get the exact quantity of warmer plus for that amount of water. Thank you for your help!

Forget about the salt.  It has nothing to do with flukes.  I don't treat fry for flukes. and they do fine.  I just move the fry to a container of fresh water every day or every other day. 

Thanks for the quick reply, Sharon! So I keep doing what I'm doing. Hopefully they'll turn out well.