Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DieselPlower

Sho Impact sinking food. Anyone having floating issues?

I made the mistake of mixing Sho Impact sinking pellets in with the rest of my sinking pellets and my fish started going upside down. Anyone else notice this? I also have found that the food does not sink nearly as quickly as the rest of the food. I am thinking I might have to remove this food from the mix of about 4 different types, which will be a huge pain.

I didn't have any floaty issues with it, nor problems with it not sinking right away.  I just found it to be crumbly which makes a mess.

No floating issues due to food on my end either. It sank just fine for me, too.

Edited by ChelseaM

I have to correct my original post.  The Sho Impact sinks right away.  Its NLS goldfish formula 3 mm that doesnt.  But the the floating did start with the sho impact which i now find real odd.  I am going to buy all new food and keep them separate and see which makes them float and trash it.

I have to correct my original post.  The Sho Impact sinks right away.  Its NLS goldfish formula 3 mm that doesnt.  But the the floating did start with the sho impact which i now find real odd.  I am going to buy all new food and keep them separate and see which makes them float and trash it.

I mix NLS Thera-A 2mm pellets with Hikari Lionhead.  If you throw NLS down hard against the water surface, it will sink right away.

Jason, is it possible that one of the foods may have spoiled in the mix when another hasn't? That is primarily why I don't mix my foods anymore.

Also, I have to wonder if feeding too many different foods at the same time could cause an issue. Like, one pellet could digest more quickly than another, and will sit behind the slower-digesting pellet in the intestines and cause a blockage or gas or something.

just brainstorming.

Good suggestions thanks. I ordered new food and will keep them separate.