Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
begemi

Can I and should I?

Hi guys!

After my fish spawn twice in a week time now I have to schools of fish. I was wondering if would be ok if I put them together in a larger container when they are 3 and 2-weeks old? The difference in size between them, at least to me, is not that significant. Can I and should I move them to a shared space?

I would keep them in separate spaces in order to give them enough water to grow in. Unless the shared space is at least three times their current space, I wouldn't risk adding them together.

Edited by ChelseaM

I would keep them in separate spaces in order to give them enough water to grow in. Unless the shared space is at least three times their current space, I wouldn't risk adding them together.

Thank you for answering ChelseaM! Yes, the new container will be much bigger, about 4 times in size. So I'll go ahead moving them when the get a week older.

Make sure to be careful and don't fill the tank all the way at first if they aren't used to the depth. :) It's important to introduce fry slowly to deeper water to allow them to grow stronger under the weight of the water above them.

Is a shallow but long container I have prepared for them. I won't transfer them until they are old enough. For now I just raise the water level about an inch every other week.