nova betta

hi... I hope I did this right!

13 posts in this topic

hi goldfish keepers! I'm a young teenager and love fish. I have always kept tropical fish. But resently bought a 7 inch black moor goldfish. I currently have 9 bettas, 1 goldfish, many snails, shrimp, tetras, and many different types of tropical fish. Here are a list of my tanks.

- one 10 gallon betta and ember teras

- divided 10 gallon 3 bettas

-one 5.5 one king betta

- planted 1.5 bowl with a female betta

-one 2.5 tank with a crowntail betta

- one 3 gallon with a veiltail betta

- and one 1.5 planted bowl with one female betta

AND OF COURSE...

My goldie! Who is currently in a 25 gallon with a 60 gallon filter! Will this tank hold him/her their whole life? Or will I need to upgrade? BTW the tank is cycled!

Hello and Welcome :)

I love your list of tanks and yes the 25 gallon will do for your lone goldfish :)

I am looking forward to meeting all your finned friends :)

I also have another question. Do you guys recommend heaters for goldfish? I am going to my LFS tonight and am wondering if I need one.

Edited by nova betta

Welcome!!

I also have another question. Do you guys recommend heaters for goldfish? I am going to my LFS tonight and am wondering if I need one.

It depends on how cold your house gets. Goldfish can live in cold waters into freezing but most ppl like to keep them at 75F at least :)

Alright awesome! I think I'll start looking into a heater now that it's getting closer to winter. I got some pictures bit how do I upload them?