Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jmetzger72

Sho Impact Food (Free 3/4 lbs)

Hey Everyone,

After trying Sho Impact sinking pellets for several weeks, I have decided it's just too messy to continue offering it to my fish.  It is very crumbly, makes a mess during feeding and clogs my filters sooner than other pellets.  In addition, while the fish like it and don't have any problems such as floatiness, I'm not that impressed with the ingredient list and haven't noticed any improvement in health, color, growth and development.  

So, I have returned to a 50/50 blend of NLS Thera-A 2mm pellets and Hikari Lionhead 2mm pellets.  My fish love this, it has a good nutrient profile and it doesn't make a mess like the Sho Impact.  

Anyway, I have a 1 lb container that is about 3/4 full that I am offering for free to anyone interested and willing to pay the shipping.  First come, first serve :)

20151012_091814.jpg

Edited by Jared

:rofl i just got a container yesterday! I wasn't impressed with the ingredient list either but I've heard great support for it and decided to give it a try. :teehee

Can you list the ingredients ? :please

PS:  US shipping only

:rofl i just got a container yesterday! I wasn't impressed with the ingredient list either but I've heard great support for it and decided to give it a try. :teehee

Your fish will probably like it, it's just messy like Pro Gold.

Your fish will probably like it, it's just messy like Pro Gold.
They do!

I was a little wary at first since A) Kite floated something fierce on Pro Gold, and B) i am so used to 1mm pellets that these looked beastly to me. :rofl

But so far so good. :)

I'm sad that you didn't like it as much as I did, Jared! :o It has shown great improvement in my guys. Then again, you have amazing fish with what you've used in the past so it's not surprising that you would wanna go back to it. :)

But seriously, anyone who​ wants to try this food should do it. It's like ProGold reincarnated.

I just bought some more repashy siolent gell food and saki hakari pellets! Oh the bad timing.

Is this still available? I'd love to try this food! Any idea how much shipping would be? I live in the Dayton, Ohio area.

Is this still available? I'd love to try this food! Any idea how much shipping would be? I live in the Dayton, Ohio area.

Sorry, it's no longer available :(

But, they have it here with free shipping for Prime members :)

http://www.amazon.com/Total-Koi-Inc-ATK00110-Sinking/dp/B0018CJRBM/ref=sr_1_1?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1445871308&sr=1-1&keywords=sho+impact

Edited by Jared

I can attest to Sho-To Impact. My blue oranda would get floaty with Saki Hikari, so I decided to try ST Impact and since then no problems with floating issues. The only thing is that is does cloud the tank since it dissolves quickly in the water, but besides that, my fish love it. My feeding schedule is one day with Hikari, the next with Sho-To. Great food, no floaty issues!

Chock full of wheat. No surprise it caused floating issues. I was told to avoid Saki Hikari for the same reason.