Kokos Goldfish Forum
goldfishgirl82

Attaching Anubias to things

Quick question. I've been using fishing line to tie down my anubias plants to wood or rocks for the most part. However, the wood and plants I recently purchased have not been as easy to do this with. Do you guys use any sort of glue or adhesive that is safe for being in the water with the fish? If so, recommendations? 

I use Loctite brand Super Glue gel.  It works well and is totally safe :)

Edited by Jared

I used super glue once. They did not stay down and the ones that did died.  I use rubber bands just don't make them to tight. I have to replace them often cause none of mine ever attach to the rocks.

In order for my anubias to attach successfully to a rock using super glue, I had to make sure the surface on the rock was dry and the rhizome area was as dry as possible.

I've also used an aquatic twist tie that is brown to attach my anubias to wood. If I can find a link online I'll post it here.

Thanks everyone! I will definitely try these suggestions.  :thumbup2:

In order for my anubias to attach successfully to a rock using super glue, I had to make sure the surface on the rock was dry and the rhizome area was as dry as possible.

I've also used an aquatic twist tie that is brown to attach my anubias to wood. If I can find a link online I'll post it here.

Yes, I usually dab the areas with a paper towel to dry them before gluing.  Then I hold the plant in place and blow on it it or use a cool hairdryer to cure the glue.

My anubias also died with supergluing--for those of you who glue, do you glue the roots or the rhizome? 

I glue a portion of the rhizome. Inevitably some of the roots get glued, but I think it is most important that a portion of the rhizome gets glued.

I glue the rhizome of the Anubis - my plants didn't seem to mind, & I even glued some smaller Amazons to rocks to keep them from getting dug up. I only put on a little bit in a line, then hold the plant tightly against the line for about 20-30 seconds. If the rocks are too smooth, it doesn't work well - I had to rubber band the ones I had on a piece of quartz, but granite & petrified wood stick nicely.