Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
koko

Got a Question about the Forum?

32 posts in this topic

Hey guys I just wanted to remind everyone, that if you have a question please ask. There isnt a dumb question and we all can help... I dont know much about Ipads and such but  others do...

I wanted to let everyone know its okay to ask questions :)

I do have a question. I have been wondering about this lately... Have you considered going to Facebook with your page. Facebook has now had over 1 billion users sign on in a single day. I see fish pages with thousands or even over 10,000 members. I enjoy this forum but it does seem forums are becoming a thing of the past. Are there advantages of the forum? I guess the obvious ones would be simple ability to sort and search for old posts.  As far as I know, Facebook pages are free. You can lay to boost or advertise your posts, but it isn't required. Just one of the odd things I wonder about sometimes...

Oh oh, not Facebook. It's awful! The day Kokos migrates to that particular data seller's platform is the day I leave and never come back. I'm no one in particular and Kokos won't miss me, but there is more than a small subset of people who refuse to use Facebook or any social media, and wouldn't follow you there. The ability to read this site without a membership, alone, is valuable.

Edited by Arctic Mama

I'm not on facebook either Taryl, and I know there are others here.  Jason, you're definitely right about it being the way a lot of things are headed, but it makes me sad to see.  I know facebook's not going anywhere, but I'm holding out as long as physically possible. :rofl

Facebook is fine if you like to babble, but hardly for the serious discussions we have here.  The thing that disappoints me the most is when an organization/business abandons a useful web site with lots of information for a facebook page with no information but a sequence of pics and one line comments.

Isn't facebook going out of style?

I do have a question. I have been wondering about this lately... Have you considered going to Facebook with your page. Facebook has now had over 1 billion users sign on in a single day. I see fish pages with thousands or even over 10,000 members. I enjoy this forum but it does seem forums are becoming a thing of the past. Are there advantages of the forum? I guess the obvious ones would be simple ability to sort and search for old posts.  As far as I know, Facebook pages are free. You can lay to boost or advertise your posts, but it isn't required. Just one of the odd things I wonder about sometimes...

We have a Page ... But I will never let kokos go that way of FB... Im not fond of that place and well, KG is made out of blood, sweat and tears, I dont want it just to be what FB is about. No KG is about goldfish and those that want to be apart of a family forum will always have a place to be and thats here.

Im sorry to the FB ppl but KG is what it is and will stay a forum. :thumbs:

AM you are needed here so dont think "I'm no one in particular and Kokos won't miss me" cause you are part of a great site and team :wa

Not a Facebook user.

I don't think I'd follow Koko's if it did go there.

Not a facebook user either even though all my friends are...

I'm very glad you'll never follow the trend of making it all FB!

Is there a way to cut off the email notifications for quotes and likes only?

Go to your profile, hit Edit My Profile and on the left choose Notification Options. :)

Go to your profile, hit Edit My Profile and on the left choose Notification Options. :)

:bingo:

Is there any way we can tag people? Like with a @ if we want to get their attn?

Yes that would be neat! I see that a lot on the bulldog forum I use.

Yes that would be neat! I see that a lot on the bulldog forum I use.

Me too! I see it on the parrot forum I'm on. It's helpful :)

Not with this forum... hun... maybe some day when we upgrade... right now the Subscriptions arent in the new forum. So we wont be doing that soon :yikes

Ok. Just thought I'd ask :)

Facebook is fine if you like to babble, but hardly for the seriouse have here.  The thing that disappoints me the most is when an organization/business abandons a useful web site with lots of information for a facebook page with no information but a sequence of pics and one line comments.

Facebook recently hit a new record of over 1 billion people who logged on in a single day. This indicates useage is increasing.  Imagine that... One billion people used Facebook in a single day. That's incredible.

Well some of those people are dog, cats, and other animals lol

Facebook is fine if you like to babble, but hardly for the seriouse have here.  The thing that disappoints me the most is when an organization/business abandons a useful web site with lots of information for a facebook page with no information but a sequence of pics and one line comments.

Facebook recently hit a new record of over 1 billion people who logged on in a single day. This indicates useage is increasing.  Imagine that... One billion people used Facebook in a single day. That's incredible.

my own business only uses fb to direct ppl to our website. as a kokos fb administrator, when a facebooker asks a question, i direct them here. i think that is the most we want to generate from it. on the odd occasion i post a picture link from the kokos site, or an informative article, but the link is from here so that interested people are directed to here. there are too many haters who just want to be monsters and jump at any opportunity to make life difficult in deterring those who NEED help. i make habit of not discussing anything in public on facebook.

I agree with you Helen..

See I dont want to be like everyone else... KG is a special place and I think if we FB it, it wouldnt be the kokos I wanted and built it to be... I will not sell out.! you guys can count on that :)

I have to admit that I am actually a facebook user and I even belong to a couple goldfish groups, a betta group, and a couple other fish groups on FB.  I love seeing some of the pictures posted :)  However, when I see people giving some bad advise about goldfish I have private messaged the person asking the question  and sent them to Kokos for real information and help.  I have a lot to learn but I can still recognize bad advise when I see it.  This forum can be trusted  and I really value that :)

I have to admit that I am actually a facebook user and I even belong to a couple goldfish groups, a betta group, and a couple other fish groups on FB. I love seeing some of the pictures posted :) However, when I see people giving some bad advise about goldfish I have private messaged the person asking the question and sent them to Kokos for real information and help. I have a lot to learn but I can still recognize bad advise when I see it. This forum can be trusted and I really value that :)

Yep...im a member of a goldfish group too...but thats for pretty pictures.. when it comes to getting advice...kokos is where I go (or kokos members lol)

I have to admit that I am actually a facebook user and I even belong to a couple goldfish groups, a betta group, and a couple other fish groups on FB.  I love seeing some of the pictures posted :)  However, when I see people giving some bad advise about goldfish I have private messaged the person asking the question  and sent them to Kokos for real information and help.  I have a lot to learn but I can still recognize bad advise when I see it.  This forum can be trusted  and I really value that :)

:bingo:

Boy were you folks right! The people on Facebook goldfish sites are TOTAL MORONS! Just got kicked of Goldfish Keepers where the admins know nothing about goldfish lol!