Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
I-Goldfish

Very small white spots (suspected ich?)

You can do as many WCs as you'd like as long as you replace the meds.  :D

I always just add the appropriate amount of medicine to the new water.  No one will scold you for changing too much water!

Edit: Sniped by Lisa AGAIN!  Great minds think too much alike. :D

Thanks guys :). I'll keep you updated

I always just add the appropriate amount of medicine to the new water.  No one will scold you for changing too much water!

Edit: Sniped by Lisa AGAIN!  Great minds think too much alike. :D

You can do as many WCs as you'd like as long as you replace the meds.  :D

My fish are not eating. Is this common with praziquental and salt? I am a bit concerned as they are always keen for food :(

It's not uncommon.  Other symptoms?  Bottom sitting, clamping?  What day of prazi is this?

Do you have any antibiotics on hand?  If so, what?  If not, can you get some (locally or online ordering)?

It's not uncommon.  Other symptoms?  Bottom sitting, clamping?  What day of prazi is this?

Do you have any antibiotics on hand?  If so, what?  If not, can you get some (locally or online ordering)?

No other symptoms. Day 3 but I haven't added day 3's does yet. No I don't and sorry but I don't know where I could find them

The fish are reacting to the fluke load being reduced.  Sometimes when the fluke load is heavy, the fish can get a secondary bacterial infection.  If they are swimming and not clamping that is a good sign.  As the flukes drop off the gills, the gills become irritated making it uncomfortable for them to eat.

The fish are reacting to the fluke load being reduced.  Sometimes when the fluke load is heavy, the fish can get a secondary bacterial infection.  If they are swimming and not clamping that is a good sign.  As the flukes drop off the gills, the gills become irritated making it uncomfortable for them to eat.

Okay I see. I will carry on treatment ofc. And keep an eye on them for any bacterial infections. Thank you I just get a bit confused with all the different options and fish behaviour!

UPDATED. Just finished round 1 and just changed 60% water. White spots still there and seem a bit sluggish but i think just from medicine. Will start round 2 on Friday.

Hows it going?

Hows it going?

Hi koko,

Finished round 2.

Starting round 3 this evening, I think Blacky developed a secondary bacterial problem so for the 2nd and now the 3rd round I am using esha gdex(prazi) along with esha bacterial as they were made to be used together with no problems. This seems to be working and I think they are getting better.

Hows it going?

Hi koko,

Finished round 2.

Starting round 3 this evening, I think Blacky developed a secondary bacterial problem so for the 2nd and now the 3rd round I am using esha gdex(prazi) along with esha bacterial as they were made to be used together with no problems. This seems to be working and I think they are getting better.

:thumbup2:

Yay!