Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
yogosans14

Better pellet: Saki Hikari or New Life Spectrum?

I've heard both a very good. I personally use hikari. Do you also feed veggies and some sort of protein? If your looking for fast growth you want to involve all of them, but fast growth is also not the best for goldfish. I've read and someone correct me if I'm wrong, is that feeding for fast growth can shorten the fishes life. Like I said I'm not 100% sure on that or not.

I've heard both a very good. I personally use hikari. Do you also feed veggies and some sort of protein? If your looking for fast growth you want to involve all of them, but fast growth is also not the best for goldfish. I've read and someone correct me if I'm wrong, is that feeding for fast growth can shorten the fishes life. Like I said I'm not 100% sure on that or not.

I feed mainly Repashy soilent green gel food and the aqueon pellets. I will also feed frozen blood worms from time to time.

I switch between brine shrimp and daphnia once a week. Mine have shown significant growth in the last 4 months, but they are all under a year old as well. How old are your fish?

I've heard of people having allergic reactions to blood worms and I'm allergic to everything, so they make me nervous! :P

I switch between brine shrimp and daphnia once a week. Mine have shown significant growth in the last 4 months, but they are all under a year old as well. How old are your fish?

I've heard of people having allergic reactions to blood worms and I'm allergic to everything, so they make me nervous! :P

I got mine 4 months ago. They are under a year old for sure, my black moor is about 2 inches and my fantail is about 2.5 inches

Fast growth should not be a concern when feeding goldfish. If one is overly concerned with having huge fish, they will tend to overfeed and overfeeding can cause lifespan-shortening issues with the fish such as swim bladder problems and fatty buildup. When feeding a goldfish, health should be the main concern.

I personally enjoyed feeding the NLS Thera+A 1mm pellets to my fish. They're great and the fish, no matter what size, can't get enough of them. I've tried the Hikari, and my fish didn't go quite as nuts over it.

I've had fish that would get a bit floaty when I fed the Saki Hikari but haven't had any get floaty on NLS.  *knocks on wood*  :rofl

I also recommend the NLS Thera-A.  In addition to an excellent list of main ingredients, it has extra garlic which helps to stave off internal infections.

For my larger fish, I've recently switched to Sho Impact.  They love it and none of the 4 fish get floaty on it.

Edited by Jared

I think variety is the spice of life :)

I also recommend the NLS Thera-A.  In addition to an excellent list of main ingredients, it has extra garlic which helps to stave off internal infections.

For my larger fish, I've recently switched to Sho Impact.  They love it and none of the 4 fish get floaty on it.

Do you get it from Chicago Aquarium?   :idont  What's the pellet size?  And aren't all of your fish "larger"?  :rofl2

Fast growth should not be a concern when feeding goldfish. If one is overly concerned with having huge fish, they will tend to overfeed and overfeeding can cause lifespan-shortening issues with the fish such as swim bladder problems and fatty buildup. When feeding a goldfish, health should be the main concern.

I personally enjoyed feeding the NLS Thera+A 1mm pellets to my fish. They're great and the fish, no matter what size, can't get enough of them. I've tried the Hikari, and my fish didn't go quite as nuts over it.

Fantastic advice - all around.

My fish would get a yellow tinge to their white on Saki-Hikari. Much less so on NLS-A.

Lisa, ShoImpact is available on Amazon and is basically the same exact everything (size, smell, etc.) as ProGold was. It's what my guys are on right now. :)

Edited by ChelseaM

Do you get it from Chicago Aquarium?   :idont  What's the pellet size?  And aren't all of your fish "larger"?   :rofl2

http://www.amazon.com/Total-Koi-Inc-ATK00110-Sinking/dp/B0018CJRBM/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1442433591&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=show+impact+goldfish+food

It's basically Pro Gold.  Nishiki is small :)

Edited by Jared

Genetic  is what decides  how Big can they grow  ,  no matter  if  you  buy the more Expensive food they will not grow too much  if the genetic is bad ,  i had  3 orandas   long time ago  from petsmart    they  have almost the same size  ,   only  one  grow like tree times mor Bigger than the others and they  lived togheter and eat the same  food  , also  the  Quality of the water is important   , good Luck  :thumbup2: