Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
Jes

Cloudy water and I can't fix it!

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am away and have been away for 9 days. I have 1 more day left which is today. I did an 100% water change the day I left. I have never left them this long with out a water change EVER! I then will do another big one when I get back.

I have had a friend popping in and looking after my fish. She has been going in every 3/4 days. I gave her a detailed list of what foods and how much to feed. I get a message this morning saying the water has gone cloudy!!! And with the time difference she isn't going to see my reply for a while!!!

I am really panicking! i have aksed if she can change 1/2 the water. But what if she can't get round to do it. Am I going to come home to dead fish???

Sorry for my babbling I'm just really worried ????

Would she be able to test your water? If you water levels come back good I would not worry. Still go ahead with the 50% water change though. Cloudiness is sometimes just aesthetics as I have come to learn and have been told over the years.

I don't want to start worrying her with tests, even tho that would be amazing! I think it may be a case of over feeding possibly ????. I really hope it is what you say it could be. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be algea as I left the light off and it's in a pretty shaded spot. I'm going loopy! I just want to sort them out. I take such pride in my fish its heartbreaking when have a situation that's out of your control

My friend said she will do a water change 2day for me! ???? I'm so pleased!! I will do a larger one again when u get home tomorrow evening. And yes I have told her not to feed them anymore.

​Jes, did you give her detailed instructions on how to perform the water change and what chemicals to add?