Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
begemi

Colloidal silver - where to buy in UK?

9 posts in this topic

Hi there!

Sorry if this is not the right place to start this thread, though it seems to me it should be.

I'm a bit of a control freak and like to be prepared for what comes so I'm making myself a fish first aid kit with all medicine I may ever need. Where I live the good stuff is hard to obtain as tend to be expensive and pet shops rarely sell them as having them on stock means 0 profit due to low demand which also results in the common practice of "extending" indefinately expiration dates on the packages of products. Already happened to me several times that I would buy something online and the good till stamp would be modified to a more convenient date by some forgery artist wannabe. In store itself ain't much of a different story. When asked why they sell expired goods, the shop person readily explains that this med or whatever is practically eternal in its effectiveness and never looses its healing or nutritive properties. This has made me resort to ordering online almost everything for my pets from UK. Hence the question in this section of the forum.

I want to buy some colloidal silver for my fish stash but all I could find when searching the net is 20ppm and from what I read in a post by this forum's founder and reknown expert in c.silver, Koko, the concentration should be from 500ppm up to 1000ppm. If any of you British fellow goldfish keepers could advise me on where I can order it, I would very, very much appreciate it. Oh, and one more thing! I found this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Colloidal-Pets-Silver-250-ml/dp/B0063FWTTG/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1441175174&sr=8-9&keywords=colloidal+silver

Do you know if it would do for fish too?

Thank you in advance for all your help,

M

This sounds better : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Natural-Antibacterial-Colloidal-Silver-postage/dp/B00CRDSHJY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1441195311&sr=8-5&keywords=colloidal+silver

The lower concentration requires you to use more.  If the product contains ingredients other than silver, this could present problems, and I don't know if a product made for pets has to meet the standards of those marketed for people.  

Have you checked your pharmacy?  In the states, we find colloidal silver in "health food stores"  which carry dietary supplements and many "alternative medications."   

Hi Sharon and thank you for answering! Yes I looked it up and found several all by local brands (very suspicious in terms of how close to true is the list of ingredients listed on label) but can't figure if the concentration's the right one. Most claim to be 30%. My guess is this is about 20ppm. If I get to use it should I put more? It says on the instructions that I should disolve it 1:4.

Give Koko the concentration of the product.  She will tell you how much to use.  

Ok. Should I send her a PM then or wait til she sees this?

The instrusctions say: 100ml (30gm/l) and that 1 part of silver solution should be disolved in 4 parts of water for mouth/wound wash and desinfection purposes.

Go to your treatment thread and tell her you have the silver.

The instrusctions say: 100ml (30gm/l) and that 1 part of silver solution should be disolved in 4 parts of water for mouth/wound wash and desinfection purposes.

did you get the one you listed or the one Sharon showed ya... if you can get a photo of the stuff so I can see it....

Something like this would be great....http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dr-s-Advantage-Colloidal-Silver-500/dp/B004QD6KNI/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1441201413&sr=8-13&keywords=colloidal+silver+500ppm

See how it says the ppm's you want it to say 500 or 1100 its pricey but you dont have to use so much :o

Thanks a lot, Koko! I'll check if I can get a smaller bottle somewhere know that I have the brand name